Forum 討論群 spacedesk Discussions Incorrect IP to server from viewer with Tailscale VPN

正在檢視 3 篇文章 - 1 至 2 (共計 2 篇)
  • 作者
    文章
    inertia
    參與者

I am using Windows 11 and the 0.0.33.0 Windows 11 viewer.

I use Tailscale VPN to create a mesh network, but am only using Spacedesk locally between my main machine and laptop.

The viewer correctly detects the server but is reporting the IP of another Tailscale node and not the node where the server is sitting.

If I open the server settings, it lists the correct Tailscale IP that the server listens on and I can manually type in this IP to connect to the server from the viewer.

This is an ok workaround but I constantly have to look up what the IP is. I have a terrible memory and always have to go to the server and check the IP.

In the enclosed picture, you can see that the viewer reports 192.168.0.4 as the IP the server exists on but this is incorrect. It is not even the local IP of the machine outwith the Tailscale network.

The second IP is the manual connection I have to create.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Hi @inertia,
    Maybe the wrong IP was detected first before you enabled the Tailscale VPN?
    Have you tried restarting the Windows Viewer app?
    In any case, some VPN software is known to have incompatibilities with spacedesk (e.g. discovery issues).

inertia
    參與者

The Tailscale VPN is always active, even on reboot.

Yes, I have restarted the viewer app, I have tried quite throughly to fix the issue.

The IP that is detected is on the server where Tailscale was first installed and configured.

As a workaround, I have added a hostname to the viewing PCs hosts file and added the Tailscale IP.

正在檢視 3 篇文章 - 1 至 2 (共計 2 篇)
  • 抱歉,回覆主題必需先登入。