Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Unsupported feature on server-side

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @viviane,
    Thanks for sending the dxdiag files.
    Please save the dump files in one folder, then right-click Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

By the way, when did the BSOD (blue screen of death) exactly happened?

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @viviane,
    Please try our most recent spacedesk Driver v1.0.8 available on our website https://forum.spacedesk.net.
    Then let us know your feedback.

Viviane
    Participant

The zipped file. The BSOD occurred when I tried to change Settings in the driver window (primary machine).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Viviane.
    Viviane
    Participant

The zipped file exceeds the allowed size.

Viviane
    Participant

It works, but the pen is laggy. After installing the driver the Win10 starting Menu stopped working. I had to reboot the computer.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @viviane,

The BSOD occurred when I tried to change Settings in the driver window (primary machine).

Is it in the display settings window? Or spacedesk server menu settings?
    Can you specify which settings exactly are you trying to change?

After installing the driver the Win10 starting Menu stopped working. I had to reboot the computer.

Is it consistently happening? Or only after installation?
    It seems like a window explorer is crashing or hanging.. To verify, when it happens again please open the task manager then find the Windows Explorer, right-click -> Restart it. Then try again to click/open the Windows start button.

Viviane
    Participant

<<< Is it in the display settings window? Or spacedesk server menu settings?
    Can you specify which settings exactly are you trying to change?

It was the menu Settings: I tried to turn the driver OFF, then it crashed.

<<<< Then try again to click/open the Windows start button.

Problem apparently solved, but pen still too laggy, even with the lowest quality settings all over.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @viviane,
    I assume your spacedesk is connected over WiFi network, is that correct?
    Routers can cause lags and latency. Bypassing them always improves performance. Configure Windows PC or Android device as WiFi Access Point (Hotspot) and connect to it before connecting spacedesk.
    USB Tethering achieves the same result.
    Please check the chapter “Performance Tuning” in the instruction manual: https://spacedesk.net/user-manual

By the way, does the BSOD upon settings OFF still happening on latest spacedesk version 1.0.8?

Viviane
    Participant

So far the BSOD hasn’t occurred anymore. Regarding the connection, I’ve been using only the WiFi Access Point (Hotspot) since I installed Spacedesk for the first time.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @viviane,
    Thanks for the feedback.

Currently the only option to improve performance is by eliminating the router.
    If your Android tablet supports USB tethering, you can also try that with spacedesk.

If it did not help, then you’ll probably have to wait for our next performance improvement feature.
    spacedesk will offer h264 hardware encoding very soon.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.