Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions The connection is interrupted when the application is closed or the second devic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ksenit
    Participant

When I minimize Spacedesk, after 1-2 minutes the connection is lost. The same thing happens when I lock the second device.
    I use Samsung Galaxy Tab S 9 Fe Plus as a secondary device. I turned off battery optimization for the application

Maybe I missed something in the setup?

Hi @ksenit
    This is an expected behavior for Android viewer app, but a workaround can be done by setting the ‘Connection loss delay’ in the spacedesk Console to -1. This will not unplug your secondary machine and will resume its connection when the app becomes active again.

Ksenit
    Participant

I tried this method but the connection is still lost within 1-2 minutes

Hi @ksenit
    have you made sure to hit the enter key after you input the number?
    please also try switching the spacedesk Driver Off-On after you try to reconnect your client.

Ksenit
    Participant

Yap. I hit the enter key and switching spacedesk Driver off-on. Also, I tryed to reboot PC. Іt didn’t work =(

Hi @ksenit,
    I see, disconnecting when the app is minimized is an expected behavior but it should not unplug from your primary machine using this workaround. could you please check your windows settings -> Display if the client is unplugging when it disconnects? if not, that means the connection loss delay is now working.

Ksenit
    Participant

I minimize the application and waited one minute. There was a disconnection, as always. This is how it looks
    I have 2 monitors and a 3rd tablet that has disconnected

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Ksenit.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Ksenit.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ksenit
    Participant

Just tried to connect the tablet via Wi-Fi. Disconnection does not occur. I observe this only when connected by wire

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @ksenit,

In the spacedesk app settings, please try to switch OFF the “Pause app activity if unused” under “Unused app settings”.
    Then check if it will still disconnect the spacedesk display while spacedesk Android app is minimized.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.