Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Will spacedesk Viewer client never support connection to localhost?

正在查看 5 个帖子:1-4 (共 4 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    EW05YJS
    参与者

There are some posts more than 2 years ago complaining that spacedesk Viewer won’t connect to the server running on the same computer (localhost). Despite OP’s various legitimate reason, the answers were always that spacedesk client won’t support connection to localhost and HTML5 viewer is the only way.

Will this functionality never be implemented? My reason to use this functionality is to create a virtual monitor when my laptop lid is closed so that start menus and some apps can render properly in remote session (I use Google Chrome Remote Desktop). Although using HTML5 viewer is viable, it would be very cumbersome to automate the activation and hide the session at background. This app seems very promising to be used as a dummy virtual monitor driver, and it’s such a pity that it can’t just because this functionality lacks.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @ew05yjs,
    Thank you very much for your feedback.
    We might consider the localhost connection on Windows viewer app in the future, but not anytime soon.
    We cannot prioritize it at the moment as we are very busy with higher priority tasks.

For now, you can only use HTML5 viewer for localhost connection.

By the way, if we understood your reasoning correctly, does our spacedesk driver worked in a remote session?
    Did you not encounter any display driver issue?

Morris202
    参与者

supports multiple screen sharing sessions to as many devices as you want Cool, from a cyber security perspective. can I access it from another network.

njmcdirect.com

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @morris202,
    spacedesk supports multiple viewer connection (up to 16 viewers) using our native viewer apps (Android/iOS/Windows). As long as your primary machine’s resources (GPU/CPU/Network) can handle it.
    As for connection over another network, unfortunately it’s not possible.
    spacedesk only supports connection over the same local area network.

McConnell254
    参与者

For those on windows(and with an Intel WiFi card) there is a hidden but an the vnc client on my workstation to connect to localhost:5902 to access it.

WalgreensListens Survey

正在查看 5 个帖子:1-4 (共 4 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。