Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Automatica server update

正在查看 5 个帖子:1-4 (共 4 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    partnerdisplay
    参与者

Is there a way to setup automatic updates for the Spacedesk server?
    I was using spacedesk on my windows 10 PC with an iPhone as the secondary viewer device. Recently my phone updated the spacedesk viewer app and then I couldn’t connect to the spacedesk server. When I downloaded the latest spacedesk server and “updated” it everything works. Is there a way to setup automatic updates or perhaps have Windows update do it? Under windows update I do have the “Receive updates for other Microsoft products..” turned on but that didn’t do the update to spacedesk.

Thanks

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @partnerdisplay,
    Unfortunately it’s not possible.

partnerdisplay
    参与者

My question above stems from the observation that two different versions of spacedesk don’t work with each other. As I mentioned I had an older version of the server on my PC and the phone viewer app was updated recently. Why is it they don’t work with each other and that you have to always update both to the latest version. Doesn’t it defeat the purpose?
    Thanks

spacedesk Marcel
    管理员

Yes, your observation is true in a way. Some versions DO NOT work with each other. Very often however, different versions also DO work with each other. We try to keep them compatible whenever we can. Still it is only safe when always keeping newest most recent version on both sides.
    The reason: spacedesk is still free and we still don’t have the budget to work on “automatic update” feature and on comprehensive release management. Currently we still focus our development capacities on new core features. The next one soon to come: Audio playback support

partnerdisplay
    参与者

Thanks! Audio is a cool feature to add. Appreciate the efforts

正在查看 5 个帖子:1-4 (共 4 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。