Forum 討論群 spacedesk Discussions problem when updating version win 10 64 v1069 to v1075

正在檢視 15 篇文章 - 1 至 14 (共計 14 篇)
  • 作者
    文章
    ravee
    參與者

I just wanted to update to the latest version, via the update feature in the console. after I clicked install, I followed the steps that should be. But, when entering a section like “you have a previous version, continue updating” the process seems to go smoothly, until the status “uninstalling spacedesk android control driver”, a notification appears.

The notification dialogs “An error occurred while uninstalling the spacedesk driver. The uninstallation will complete with an error. Please do this setup again. restart the machine and run it”

after that the installer application is stuck, not running anymore. i searched & followed the method on the official spacedesk web. it still runs like that. then i tried to repair/remove using the previous (.msi) installer (v1069). but, it has the same problem and stuck in the same status.

is there any other solution, I can’t use spacedesk at all.

Thank you.

• 該主題由 ravee 於 10 months, 2 weeks ago 修改。

Hi @ravee,

Have you tried rebooting your primary machine? could you please try rebooting and then remove the spacedesk driver using the .msi?

if the issue still persists, please provide us with the following files:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

compexpert
    參與者

HI Christian,

I have same issue with the software and generated the zip file. Could you check the files please?

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。

Hi @compexpert,
    Thank you very much for sending the required files.
    Based on the logs, v1067 was uninstalled properly. However, v1075 fails because there is a missing INF file. Could you please try installing the latest spacedesk Windows driver v1076? If it fails again, try to install it in a different folder.

compexpert
    參與者

Hi Christian again,

I try with again with the file spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1078.msi . But same message on the screen. The Setup can not find the file for deleting.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    spacedesk Nicole
    管理員

Hi @compexpert,

please try to change the destination folder to a different drive (see attached screenshot as an example).

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following files:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    compexpert
    參與者

Hi Nicole,

I have downloaded new version from your web site and tried installation on a new path. I still get the same error message. I have searched with uninstall software for all files from previous version, registry entries also searched. I could not find any files or registry keys. I don’t understand how the setup can find previous drivers.

Is there a removal tool or can you send a file list where I can find the remaining files?

Hi @compexpert,
    To make it clear, there was no problem with uninstall. The error occurs during the installation stage, and it fails because it cannot find the files generated in the destination folder.

In this case, please try the following:
    1. Do not upgrade from old version to another. instead, completely uninstall spacedesk first via previous msi or Programs & Features
    2. Generate msi trace (msiexec.exe) of the spacedesk MSI installer while spacedesk is installing.
    to do this, please download the spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate.zip here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr17lj6n63k52rh/2022_spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate.zip?dl=0
    – extract the zip file
    – copy the spacedesk MSI installer you will use to install inside the folder then click the get_trace.bat
    – the script will prompt you to enter the MSI file name then press enter
    – it will run the spacedesk installer
    – change the destination folder (check if the destination folder is created)
    – if you encounter the error again, please send the spacedeskmsi_trace.txt generated inside the folder together with the dxdiag file and setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Jones2023
    參與者

I tried it and still have some issues.

Hi @jones2023,
    Could you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are there any errors when uninstalling or installing? Additionally, could you send us a screenshot?

also, please provide us with the following files:

compexpert
    參與者

Hello Christian,

I would like to give you some feedback and ask you a question. You wrote: To be clear, there was no problem with the uninstall. The error occurs during the installation phase and fails because it cannot find the created files in the destination folder. Yes, that’s right, there are no files there, now what?

If there is no problem with your uninstaller, why can’t I reinstall the software/drivers? I know that there are no files left from the previous installation. Why can’t your setup skip this point and where does the setup look for the driver files? How do I know that the drivers are already installed.

I have uploaded a picture here in this message, please check. I have no file or folder, regkeys and drivers on my system.

There must be a way to skip this, e.g. you already have the drivers, do you want to update, keep or delete them?

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    compexpert
    參與者

Sorry, i forgot the spacedeskmsi_trace.txt. here you can find the file.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    compexpert
    參與者

i tried something and found a solution. I cut the Setup MSI file from my desktop and paste on another driver (like F:\spacedesk) in a directory. Start the installation and installed without any error message. If someone has a problem, try this way.

Hi @compexpert,

Thank you very much for providing traces for this issue and for sharing your workaround.
    question: does your MSI file came from a cloud? your traces shows that it was in your OneDrive

compexpert
    參與者

Hi Christian,

I am not jonas2023.

Actually, I downloaded directly to my desktop and launched from there. I deactivated onedrive a long time ago, but it looks like I started the MSI package from onedrive. That surprises me very much. maybe there is a mistake by msi installer from windows.

正在檢視 15 篇文章 - 1 至 14 (共計 14 篇)
  • 抱歉,回覆主題必需先登入。