Forum 討論群 spacedesk Discussions iPad Slave – Windows Mouse Problem

正在檢視 7 篇文章 - 1 至 6 (共計 6 篇)
  • 作者
    文章
    OzeCam
    參與者

Hi There,

I’m experiencing a problem using an iPad Pro Gen3 as a SpaceDesk slave connecting to a Windows 11 Notebook PC in desktop extension mode. Typically, the iPad is being connected via a USB cable – but this problem also occurs over a WLAN connect too.

The problem occurs when the iPad slave connects, the touchpad mouse on the Windows 11 Notebook server stops working. As soon as the iPad slave is disconnected, the notebook’s touchpad mouse operates normally again.

(The notebook’s keyboard continues to work when the iPad slave is connected – only the mouse function is adversely affected.)

I’ve noticed when the iPad slave is connected, SpaceDesk loads 2x new “Input Devices” on the Windows 11 notebook. These devices appear in the notebook’s control panel as:
    • DATRONICSOFT_SPACEDESK_MOUSE
    • HID Keyboard Device

(See screen shot “2024-05-06 215323 – Devices with iPad Connected.png”.)

These devices are NOT present when the Notebook PC is initially booted, and are disabled / removed when the iPad Slave is disconnected.

(See screen shot “2024-05-06 214612 – Devices w-o iPad.png”.)

It seems SpaceDesk loads these devices regardless of the “Input Devices” settings configured on the iPad slave. I’ve tried various settings on the iPad slave, including “Touchscreen” and “Keyboard” being enabled & disabled.

(The iPad slave was configured with “Keyboard” disabled while capturing the screenshots provide – yet the HID Keyboard Device is still being loaded. This is not a concern to me for the moment as the Notebook PC’s keyboard operates correctly – but I do worry if loading this device could cause future problems.)

The currently temporary work-around to this problem is to the enable “Touchscreen” on the iPad slave, and disable “Keyboard” and “Pen”. Then after the iPad slave connects, use the iPad touchscreen mouse control to open the Windows 11 control panel, and remove the DATRONICSOFT_SPACEDESK_MOUSE device via the hamburger menu to it’s right.

(See screen shot “2024-05-06 215501 – Devices after Datronicsoft_Spacedesk_Mouse Deleted.png”.)

Deleting this mouse device restores normal operation of the Notebook PC’s touchpad mouse straight away, and consistantly. It’s a “painful” operation because using the iPad touchscreen to control the Windows 11 notebook is clumsy – but at least it means SpaceDesk can be used.

Overall I like using SpaceDesk to extend my Windows desktop to the iPad as a second screen – and can also see other use benefits for SpaceDesk. I’m an IT Consultant focused on large corporate solutions and would like to recommend SpaceDesk to several organisations which could result in 1,000’s of license sales – but I can’t make such a recommendation until this problem is fixed.

Please advise how to permanently resolve this problem?

Regards, OzeCam.

spacedesk Nicole
    管理員

Hi @OzeCam,

please attach the screenshots that you mentioned.

For further analysis, please send us the diagnostic info via spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics (make sure to download first the Debug View).
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (check)
    – Connect your spacedesk Viewer app and reproduce the problem
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF (uncheck)
    – click “Save All Information”
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply or upload to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. and send us the link.

OzeCam
    參與者

Hi Nicole,

Please find screenshots attached – apologies for forgetting to attach these.

Requested Debug to follow in a few hours.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    OzeCam
    參與者

Nicole,

Attached is SpaceDesk debug information as requested.

The data was collected after Windows 11 server restart, then:
    * Enabled SpaceDesk Diagnostic Collection
    * Connected iPad slave via USB cable
    * Used iPad touchscreen to open Windows 11 server Control Panel
    * Removed Datronicsoft_Spacedesk_Mouse device – resulting in Notebook PC touchpad “re-enabled”
    * Open Chrome browser and dragged windows between extended desktop screens
    * Disabled SpaceDesk Diagnostic Collection => Save All Information => compressed and attached.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    spacedesk Nicole
    管理員

Hi @OzeCam,

thank you for sending the diagnostics.
    Unfortunately, it could not be downloaded.
    Could you please attach as .zip file or upload to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc.?

OzeCam
    參與者

Sorry, I used 7Zip format by mistake – here’s the diagnostics in ZIP archive.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    spacedesk Nicole
    管理員

Hi @OzeCam,

please see screenshot attached, Touchpad-Mouse_settings.png.
    Is “Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected” checked?

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
正在檢視 7 篇文章 - 1 至 6 (共計 6 篇)
  • 抱歉,回覆主題必需先登入。