Forum 討論群 spacedesk Discussions Disconnected Backscreen

正在檢視 15 篇文章 - 1 至 14 (共計 14 篇)
  • 作者
    文章
    dougw03
    參與者

@spacedesk Christian I’ve been getting (infrequent) random disconnects with the UWP app. I can’t seem to pinpoint when these happen, but I get a disconnect black screen and have to close out the app to get things to reconnect. This was problematic because it happened during a work screen share presentation today. Any idea how we can troubleshoot this?

Hi @dougw03,
    We had to move this to a new topic with the specific issue as the title to avoid confusion. Regarding the problem, are you using the latest the spacedesk UWP viewer?
    Could you please check if your graphics adapter is updated to the latest version?

dougw03
    參與者

Hi Christian, the issue occurred again this morning and I was able to narrow things down a bit. I have my host PC connected to a Thunderbolt 3 dock which has an GigE ethernet crossover connected to my Surface Pro 8 via it’s own separate USB-C dock. On occasion, my TB3 connection will disconnect for some unknown reason but immediately reconnect. It seems when this occurs, spacedesk viewer cannot reconnect to the session even though the IP address doesn’t change. I wait ~2 minutes and nothing happens. Let me know if you need any more information.

P.S. I also need to correct my earlier statement that I am able to disconnect and reconnect without closing the app. While we’re on this topic, as a suggestion, it would be helpful if you could please make the GUI button to cancel reconnecting larger and appear by default. I am using the touch screen on my surface pro and I have to fumble around pressing the screen multiple times to find this button. Even when I find it, it takes a couple of tries to actually register pressing it.

Hi @dougw03,
    For further analysis, Could you please send us the Diagnostic logs of this Issue?
    Just follow the steps below:
    – open spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to reproduce the issue
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button (if a message box appears, just click No to proceed)
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

About your suggestion regarding the GUI improvement, We have taken note of this and will be working on it, While we’re eager to make these enhancements, we don’t have a specific timeline for the improvements at this time yet. We will inform you once a progress has been made.

dougw03
    參與者

Hi Christian, unfortunately I am unable to turn on diagnostic collection due to my company’s software on my work PC not allowing me to run “spacedeskserverdebuggingon.cmd” when I click the button. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do on my end to help your team troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks for taking my GUI improvement feedback into account.

Hi @dougw03,

I see, Could you at least send us the dxdiag info of your primary machine?
    just run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file. (dxdiag.txt)

dougw03
    參與者

Hi Christian, this happened again but it did not trigger on a thunderbolt disconnect. It actually just happened randomly. I waited about a minute to see if it would reconnect then I opened dxdiag and while that was running the screen reconnected. I’d rather not post my dxdiag file in the open. Is there another way to share this?

Hi @dougw03,

You can instead go to spacedesk Console > Diagnostics > click “Save all information” (you do not have to enable the ‘diagnostic collection’ option) > click NO on the pop-up admin privileges permission then save the output in a single zip file.
    You may send the output files by uploading the zip files in Dropbox or other file hosting services and just send us the download link.

dougw03
    參與者

Hi Christian, Sorry I missed your last reply. Unfortunately I do not have admin rights on my PC and cannot collect diagnostics information. My client disconnected again today and was unable to reconnect until I rebooted my PC. It seems the server did not see my ethernet adapter even though it showed up in network adapters in Windows (see Ethernet 9). See screenshot here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/38MW5SDXf99oL78r5

Any idea how we can troubleshoot this without collecting diagnostics?

dougw03
    參與者

Christian, sorry it seems I sent this message bit too hastily. I realized that it seems ethernet adapters do not show up under communication interfaces (although shouldn’t they?).

After I posted my last message, I rebooted my server and my client still would not connect. I had to reboot my client for it to recognize my server. In fact this is the second time this happened in the past two days. I checked microsoft store and am using the latest client. I just updated to v2.1.0.0 server and will let you know if that helps for whatever reason, but I suspect my issue is on the client side. Is there any way to send diagnostics on the client side? I have admin rights on my client PC in case it helps.

Hi @dougw03,
    I see. just to be clear, were you able to reconnect after you rebooted your client machine?

Please send us the files below:
    for Primary machine (you do not need an admin privilege for this) go to spacedesk Console > Diagnostics > click “Save all information” (you do not have to enable the ‘diagnostic collection’ option) > click NO on the pop-up admin privileges permission then save the output

and for your client machine, please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, and click “Save all information”.

You may send all output files inside a zipped folder by sending it here or by uploading the zip files in Dropbox or other file hosting services and just send us the download link.

dougw03
    參與者

Hi Christian, yes it happened again already today and I had to reboot my client machine to be able to reconnect. The client service hung up on the main screen with dots moving from left to right. I was unable to click anything and had to reboot the machine without being able to properly close the app. I wasn’t able to collect diagnostics on the spot because I was in the middle of a work meeting. I hope to be able to collect the diagnostics next time this happens. When you say ” and for your client machine, please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, and click “Save all information”.” The wording is a bit confusing…do you want me to collect dxdiag on the primary machine or the client machine?

One pattern I have noticed is the three times it’s happened in the past two days have always been while I was screensharing with MS Teams.

P.S. How can I share the files with you without posting them publicly? Is there a way I can private message you a link?

Hi @dougw03,

Thank you very much for the additional information.
    also, sorry for the confusion. Please collect Dxdiag on your client’s machine.
    we also require the files we ask for on your primary machine as well (see previous reply)

as for your last question. You may send all output files inside a zipped folder by uploading the zip files in Dropbox or other file hosting services (e.g. Google Drive) and just send us the download link.

dougw03
    參與者

Hi Christian, got it – thank you. My question was how do I send you my google drive link privately? I do not want to post these files on a public forum. Your forum software doesn’t seem to support private messaging? Please advise – thanks

Hi @dougw03,
    You can send us the files via email at info@spacedesk.net

正在檢視 15 篇文章 - 1 至 14 (共計 14 篇)
  • 抱歉,回覆主題必需先登入。