Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Wireless private network to share screens

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    joseaugustin
    Participant

I am trying to setup a system where my main display is replicated to 4 other displays. This is needed for an event presentation where WiFi is not available. SpaceDesk works great for the replication – but I am in a bind on how to create a local wireless network – when there is no internet access. I was hoping to use the Mobile Hotspot functionality in Win10/11 and use that as a hub. But the mobile hotspot feature only works to share an existing WiFi connection – not to setup a new one. Any ideas on the best way to get this going? Will buying a cheap router solve the need? Any way to make it happen without buying new hardware?

I will have a total of 5 devices – combination of Windows and Chromebooks.

nhan
    Participant

Have you tried using your phone to act as a WiFi hotspot?

Hi @joseaugustin,

User @nhan’s suggestion is a much easier approach. Assuming you do not have a router or switch available, you can use your smartphone to interconnect your machines as long as your smartphone supports Wifi Direct/Hotspot.
    To do this: Make sure you have a SIM card in your phone > enable your phone’s hotspot > using your other machines, go to the Wi-Fi settings to find the name of your phone then connect.

Note: cabled connection still offers better performance than wireless network. in this case, you can use a switch and LAN cables to connect your machines.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.