Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Windows desktop pointer disappears on tablet touchscreen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Downed_Aviator
    Participant

I have two 10 inch Android tablets connected via WiFi Direct. This works great, but on one tablet as soon as I touch the screen the Windows desktop pointer disappears. Everything functions correctly apart from that, I can use my finger to move and select items as normal, just with no visible Windows mouse pointer. The pointer functions correctly on the other tablet.

This seems to happen after I connect a second tablet, the pointer will function normally on the last connected tablet and stops working on the first one. I am not sure exactly at which point this happens but it seems related to start order.

It is not a problem restricted to one particular tablet, I can get the pointer to work on either of them depending on which one I connect first.

Both tablets are the same make, model, and software versions, and I cannot find any difference in any of their settings.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @downed_aviator,

Yes, as you have observed that is the current design of Touch feature in the current spacedesk Beta version.
    The actual touch screen (no more mouse pointer) will be supported on first connected viewer app.
    Then on the next viewer connection it will use the old spacedesk absolute touch (with mouse pointer visible).

Downed_Aviator
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. At least I now know that I am not doing something wrong.

Is this likely to change in future? My expectation would be that the mouse pointer becomes active on whichever screen I touch.

Anyway I am still very happy with Spacedesk as a multi-screen solution 🙂

ginariver
    Participant

Open Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options. Uncheck Hide pointer while typing and see if it makes the official site problem go away. Press one of these key combinations and see if te get the pointer back – Fn+F3, Fn+F5, Fn+F9, Fn+F11.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.