Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions USB cable connection is not working

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    xlab
    Participant

Ok so i retried installing it today, and it did work, however i did install the previous version(2.1.20), and even still the usb mode is not working, for now it works wirelessly however it would be great if the usb issue could be addressed as that is better in terms of speed etc., Also it says expiry of free version is Dec 31st 2024, what happens after that date?

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

When the current version expires, spacedesk will still be able to connect but the image will be in black and white. A free version with extended expiry date will be released before December 31, 2024.

To further analyze the non-working USB cable connection,
    please send us the diagnostics.
    Open spacedesk Driver Console and go to Diagnostics.
    Follow the collection steps and send us the zipped folder.
    In case the folder size exceeds 512KB, upload it in Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive/etc. and send us a download link.

PS: This issue has been split from the other thread “Spacedesk not installing”
    (https://forum.spacedesk.net/forums/topic/spacedesk-not-installing/?view=all).

xlab
    Participant
    spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

Please try the following:
    – turn off USB debugging on the Android device
    – restart the Android device
    – restart the Windows machine
    – different USB cable
    – directly connect to a USB3.0 or USB2.0 port

If the above suggestions did not work, please send another diagnostics.
    The first diagnostics was incomplete and did not have the DebugView.log and spacedesk driver traces. Please follow the steps to get the diagnostics and reproduce the issue by connecting the Android viewer app by USB cable.

xlab
    Participant

i tried all suggestions but to no avail, right now the LAN connection got timed out and i am unable to connect with LAN either, here is the zipped file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

the log did not contain any spacedesk traces.
    Please follow the collection steps and send the whole spacedesk Diagnostics folder generated by the spacedesk Driver Console.

donglee0612
    Participant

Im also encountering the same problem.
    I have tried restarted my laptop and my tablet severl times.
    I even restarted after switching the USB Cable Andriod option off and turning it back on.
    Spacedesk still shows no sign of recognizing my tablet USB connection.
    When I connect my tablet, it shows the popup notification saying “Open spacedesk to handle USB (spacedesk)?” and after I press OK, there’s only black screen appears. While being that, my Spacedesk Driver Consol shows 0 connected USB device.
    USB debugging is off on my tablet, my USB cable surely does work because I have been using the same cable for my USB tethering. Please help.

dropbox link for debugview:
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0g83z75u2fn73fo7dc7mk/debug.zip?rlkey=qs7qcrw6oafparkzzh8q0q4n8&st=xxxmucdr&dl=0

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @donglee0612,

please follow the diagnostic collection steps (screenshot attached) in the spacedesk Driver Console
    and send us the generated folder e.g. YYYY-MM-DD-HHmmSS-spacedeskRuntimeDiagnostics.

Attachments:
    spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @donglee0612 & @xlab,

please make sure that “File Transfer” is the selected option on your Android device when using USB.

donglee0612
    Participant

I have tried all the possible USB control options including File Transfer. There are ‘File Transfer’, ‘USB tethering’, ‘MIDI’, ‘PTP’, and ‘Smart Connect’.
    I tried the exact same steps for the diagnostic collection and attached here.
    I couldn’t find certain generated folder with that name format; therefore I have submitted the log file that has been downloaded with debug view zip files.
    I also included entire downloaded files from diagnostic collection via following dropbox link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t3ugrz6zgyhmohpkzndch/2024-07-18-185900-spacedeskRuntimeDiagnostics.zip?rlkey=4qvvk1geovw9ktc53d9ojbw5n&st=db3pbi7f&dl=0

xlab
    Participant

finally worked thank you

kokarka
    Participant

Hi,

I´m trying to connect an Android phone via USB to my laptop and it doesn’t work, it says that I must enable the USB cable Android on Windows Primary Machine before connecting the phone, which I do, but it never works, I´ve done all the tips you give (restarting the laptop, the phone, unpluging the usb cable a few times, etc.), nothing, I can´t make it connect.

Any other suggestions?

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @kokarka,

Please try the following:
    – turn off USB debugging on the Android device
    – different USB cable
    – directly connect to a USB3.0 or USB2.0 port
    – “File Transfer” is the selected option on the Android device

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @donglee0612,

did you wait for the “Save All Information” button to finish?
    This will show the generated folder.

donglee0612
    Participant

Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t see the pop up message carefully enough. I ran it with the admin privilege to get the proper diagnostics result. I attached it below.

Attachments:
    spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @donglee0612,

thank you for the diagnostics log.
    Unfortunately, it did not show that the USB was plugged.
    After checking the Diagnostic Collection box, did you reproduce the issue by connecting by USB?

donglee0612
    Participant

Yes, I have reproduced it two times.
    My tablet recognized that it was connected to PC, and the spacedesk pop up message appeared on my tablet.

donglee0612
    Participant

I have reproduced it again after resetting the spacedesk. I have turned on the USB Cable Android option after connecting my tablet successfully to my computer. I have checked that my computer recognizes my tablet correctly, and was able to search through the tablet’s files via PC.
    As soon as I turned on the option, the Tablet connection was disconnected and the same problem occurs again.
    I attached the diagnostics below.

Attachments:
    spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @donglee0612,

thank you for sending the diagnostic logs.
    What is the model of your tablet?
    Is it connected to a USB hub or directly to the computer port?
    Have you tried to connect to a USB2.0 port?

donglee0612
    Participant

My tablet model is lenovo P12(TB370FU).
    I have never used USB hub for the spacedesk usage.
    Also, I have connected my tablet to both USB 2.0 and 3.0

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.