Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Spacedesk not installing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    xlab
    Participant

After installing the new update spacedesk was no longer recognizing usb connection which i always use, so i uninstalled from control panel and tried to reinstall the previous version as i had that installer in downloads folder, however every time i try to download it gets stuck on installing android driver, i tried checking other posts however i was unable to figure anything out as all sorts of files related to spacedesk have been removed, the folder, the drivers, registry entries, etc. Since the installer does not proceed further i always have to end the spacedesk custom task that runs in order to stop the installation as normal cancelling does not work. I have been using spacedesk for a few months now and i faced no such issue until this update. Please help

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

have you tried to reboot the machine?

For further analysis, please send us the following files:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply
    or upload to Google Drive/One Drive/Dropbox/etc. and send us the download link.

xlab
    Participant

I have done all basic troubleshooting options, Here are the requested files

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

are there any pending Windows updates?
    Check if there is an error via system file checker (sfc /scannow).
    Please also check in regedit.exe, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msiserver, if registry value “Start” is 3.

xlab
    Participant

No pending windows updates, updated yesterday itself, registry shows no such directory you have sent, sfc /scannow did not find any integrity violations

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

could you please try the following?
    – open the MSI installer from a different drive
    – the default destination folder path is the Program Files, please change it to a different drive

If the suggestions above did not help, generate the MSI trace. Steps:
    1. Download the spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate.zip here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr17lj6n63k52rh/2022_spacedeskMsiTraceGenerate.zip?dl=0
    2. Extract the zip file.
    3. Copy the spacedesk MSI installer inside the extracted folder then click the get_trace.bat
    4. The script will prompt you to enter the MSI file name then press enter.
    5. Once the issue is reproduced, please send the spacedeskmsi_trace.txt generated inside the folder.

NOTE:
    get_trace.bat executes the Windows msiexec command as documented in Microsoft: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/msiexec

xlab
    Participant

Tried using different directory but to no avail. I ran the installer for around 30 min, as I mentioned before, the installer gets stuck on ‘Installing spacedesk Android Control Driver’ and the only way to stop the installer is to go task manager and end the ‘spacedesk Setup Custom Action’ task as even clicking on cancel in the installer doesnt do anything. Here is the attached trace file requested

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    xlab
    Participant

Hello there its been three days now, any approx time could be given as to when the problem can be traced down?

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

based on the setupapi.dev.log traces, it seems that it’s not only spacedesk that was having install/uninstall issue.
    The marker “<ins>” appeared in several install/uninstall and did not continue:
    – Device Installation Restrictions Policy Check
    – Microsoft Bluetooth driver
    (BTHENUM\{0000111f-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0001000f_PID&1200\7&3025e752&0&6C24A62D7BF0_C00000000)
    – Realtek WiFi 6 adapter
    (PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B852&SUBSYS_485317AA&REV_00\00E04CFFFE88520100)

Have you tried a clean boot?

PS: Non-working USB topic has been split from this thread.

xlab
    Participant

No but now it is installed, should i try to clean boot?

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @xlab,

you may try that next time when the same problem is encountered.
    We will now close this thread.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.