Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Unable Connect Samsumg Galaxy Tab S8

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rlino
    Participant

I can’t connect my Tab S8 (with newly updated Android system – One UI 5 – Android 13) to the Windows 10 desktop. Please, can someone help me?

Eklein
    Participant

Same issue here. Worked before, now it says it’s connected but shows a black screen on the tablet and no screen in the windows display settings

rlino
    Participant

In my case it only connected once, and very quickly, then it dropped and didn’t come back again.

Hi @rlino,
    Were you trying to connect via USB or Wifi?
    please make sure both your Spacedesk Driver and Android viewer are updated to the latest versions.
    also, please check for a detached display. You can check and attach the display by going to Windows Display Settings -> Multiple displays -> Extend/Duplicate display.

as for @Eklein,
    Do you have Nvidia ShadowPlay/In-game Overlay/screen recording currently active on your primary machine?
    If yes, please disable it on Nvidia GeForce Experience app, then maybe reboot your primary machine and try again with spacedesk.
    You can check all incompatible software on spacedesk Driver Console -> fer Diagnostics -> Incompatible Software Products.

rlino
    Participant

Hello @Christian,

I’m trying via Wi-Fi. And yes, both are updated.
    I had actually tested it before with my cellphone in the same way, and it worked. So the issue isn’t with the screen settings.

It simply doesn’t connect.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by rlino.
    Eklein
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, I have a no-fail project coming up and decided to pivot to SuperDisplay as it seems to be more stable for USB.

Thanks again~

spacedesk Marcel
    Keymaster

Yes, correct. USB connection is always more stable and more performant than WiFi.
    spacedesk native USB support for Android can be enabled in spacedesk Driver Console
    (just make sure you run latest spacedesk version on Windows PC and on Android).

Hi @rlino,

When you try to connect to the server, do you see your server name from the viewer?
    Do you perhaps have VPN enabled on either device?

rlino
    Participant

Yes, I see the IP, I click, it keeps trying to synchronize and then a pop-up appears saying that the connection failed. Basically that. And no, I don’t use VPN on either of them.

Hi @rlino,

In order for us to further investigate this problem, could you please send us the diagnostic logs of the issue?
    On your primary machine, Just follow the steps below:
    – open the spacedesk Console window app by clicking the spacedesk tray icon on your task bar’s notification area
    – click the Diagnostics on the left side panel
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – connect your viewer app and reproduce the disconnecting issue
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button (if message box appears, just click No to proceed)
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

rlino
    Participant

Done. But look at this interesting thing. Yesterday I managed to connect via USB. Today, when I did what you suggested, it connected normally via Wi-Fi. It stayed connected for about 1 minute, then dropped and I couldn’t connect again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.
    We will analyze this and get back to you as soon as we have an update regarding this issue.

In the meantime, you can use other spacedesk viewers such as HTML5 and for other devices as well which can be found on our download page.
    Link: https://forum.spacedesk.net#download

Hi @rlino,

We cannot detect anything unusual in your Windows PC logs.
    Only remaining suspicion: Do you maybe have McAfee Antivirus installed on your Android Phone?
    McAfee on Windows is known to randomly kill and prevent network connections without informing the user.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.