Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Spacedesk speaker distorted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    freschdude
    Participant

I don’t have speakers for my primary PC so I’m making use of a laptop as my speakers. turned on the “audio speaker” option, and it works, but there is really bad distortion and noise, as if there were radio interference. Any way to fix this?
    Spacedesk on android plays the sounds just fine, I have absolutely no complaints with it. Hell, the latency is near perfect.

I’ve attached audio recordings of what my laptop sounds like.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @freschdude,
    Thank you very much for providing information about this issue.
    Regarding the distorted sound, do you happen to have multiple Windows 7 viewers open at the same time? If yes, could you please tell us how many?
    are you using a Wi-Fi connection with your Android viewer?

freschdude
    Participant

ah, sorry for missing out details.
    The laptop running the viewer is a windows 10 laptop, connected via LAN hotspot from my main PC.
    My android phone is connected via the same method, hotspot wireless from my main PC.

There is only one viewer connected, although I’ve tried the audio system with only the laptop connected, and both the laptop and android.

Hi @freschdude,

To clarify, did both cases above produce a distorted sound on the client (laptop)? Please be aware that we might take some time to resolve this issue, as we are still attempting to reproduce it on our end, and we have not received support cases similar to this problem.

In the meantime, to further analyze this problem, Please provide us with the following:
    Diagnostic logs of this issue. just follow the steps below:
    – open spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – reproduce the issue. do not enable the USB Debugging option.
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button (if a message box appears, just click No to proceed)
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected

and for your client-side (laptop) Please send us your dxdiag info by running dxdiag.exe on your client machine, click “Save All Information”, save the output file (dxdiag.txt)

Please compile all the requested files in a Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

freschdude
    Participant

These are the tests I ran:
    – laptop connected via wireless hotspot, distorted sound
    – laptop and android connected via wireless hotspot, laptop set as speaker, distorted sound
    – laptop and android connected via wireless hotspot, android set as speaker, normal audio
    – android connected via wireless hotspot, normal audio

I’ve also noticed that the audio is not just distorted, but also playing at a slower rate. I’ve filmed what it’s like on my end: https://youtu.be/jjMoMp-HpZU

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @freschdude,
    Thank you very much for sending the required files.
    We will continue investigating this problem and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @freschdude,
    We have released a new spacedesk windows 7 viewer v0945.
    Please try it and let us know if the distorted speaker output issue is still happening.
    we look forward to your feedback.

freschdude
    Participant

Hello, Thanks for the follow up. I’ve just installed the newest version of the viewer, and unfortunately the distortion is still happening.

Hi @freschdude,
    Thank you very much for your feedback.
    We will continue investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as an update is available. However, due to other high-priority tasks, it may take some time before we can provide another update on the fix.

freschdude
    Participant

No worries, I know this isn’t a big issue. I also have a workaround, so I’m fine with waiting.
    I still appreciate that you will look into the issue.
    Vielen Dank für Ihre Zeit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.