Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Remote viewing not showing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ajwbd17
    Participant

I set up my old desktop for my son. It didn’t have a monitor, so I am using spacedesk to let him use a laptop as his monitor. I downloaded the viewer on my pc, so he can show me stuff he’s working on. All I see is his desktop background. Its showing that windows are open on the task bar. But nothing shows up on my viewer. Can only one device view his desktop? Or is it because he is connected thru an ethernet cord (basically a local connection) and won’t register for mobile viewing? Attached image.

ajwbd17
    Participant

Couldn’t upload before, trying again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @ajwbd17,

It seems like the window is opening on the wrong screen and you have to drag it to your visible primary screen.
    Can you please try the following steps:
    – hover your mouse on the task bar icon of the app
    – once the small preview window show up on top of the task bar icon, right click it and select “Move” on the context menu
    – try to move it by clicking the left or right arrow key continuously (depends on which side the window is located), to drag the window to your primary/visible screen.
    For assistance, please check the screenshot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ajwbd17
    Participant

Was already viewing on my main screen. Is the problem on his screen? What its showing is his desktop screen, but none of the apps he’s running.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @ajwbd17,
    It seems that the app being opened is located on the primary display, the current connected spacedesk viewer is still the secondary display that’s why I suggested to move the window to your viewer screen.
    If it’s not easy to do, you can also try display switch (Windows logo + P hotkey maybe for several times until it switch to single output/projector mode or duplicate so that the spacedesk viewer screen will become the primary display of the laptop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.