Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Hide message “connected -display off”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    S.H.E.I.K.H
    Participant

Hi, after locking desktop, spacedesk shows a message “connected display off”. I suggest a feature for next ios version, with which we can turn off this message; so there will be only a blank display and LCD burn-in will not occur. I set the “blank” screensaver to prevent this problem, but it will be better to have this option on client version.
    thanks.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @s-h-e-i-k-h,
    Thank you very much for reporting this issue.
    Display Off status means that the display is detached to your primary machine which is not the case on your side.
    spacedesk should show a connected black screen upon locking the desktop.

Can you please send us the diagnostic logs for this issue.
    – open the spacedesk Driver Console window then click the Diagnostics on the left side panel
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON by checking the box (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to connect your viewer app and lock your desktop to reproduce the issue
    – after a while unlock your desktop and get back to spacedesk Driver Console to switch off the Diagnostic Collection by unchecking the box
    – click Save All Information button
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

S.H.E.I.K.H
    Participant

Hi, here is the attachment you wanted. please kindly delete it from forum after you’ve checked it.
    I thought, showing the message “connected – display off” is a feature to tell us that the main display is off, but second display is still connected and is in standby mode; so I advised an update to hide this text after a few seconds to prevent LCD burning.
    When I lock the screen, laptop show clock and iPad shows nothing, after a few seconds laptop display turns off and iPad shows “connected – display off” till I move the mouse or press a key so everything comes back to normal. I just want to hide this message, everything is OK.
    thanks for the support 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    S.H.E.I.K.H
    Participant

Hi @s-h-e-i-k-h,
    We have released a new version of spacedesk iOS viewer in the appstore.
    this update includes the fix for the “connected display off”. it should now move around the screen to act as a screensaver to prevent screen burn-in. please test it and let us know if you encounter any issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.