Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions GPU memory leak?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    HDCL
    Participant

This has become a problem for me as well causing a crash if I don’t manually restart SpaceDesk every so often. The used virtual memory will hit a limit at some point and Windows will crash. This usually takes 2 – 4 weeks of up time and 32 or 64 TB of GPU virtual memory allocated at which point Windows 11 runs out of resources and the system crashes with a Blue Screen of Death. I have created a manual task that kills the SpaceDesk process and restarts it at every resume from sleep and that has elliminated the issue, but it is still annoying. The Virtual Memory counter in Windows keeps creeping up indefinitely until the system crashes. Before a system crash, other applications like games start to run into issues with insufficient GPU memory error and just the game will crash. This is the only application that exhibits this behavior of 10K – 50K of virtual memory increase every second.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @hdcl,

For further analysis, please send us the diagnostic info of your primary machine.
    Just open the spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics, click the “Save All Information” button.
    If message box appear, please click “Yes” and it will restart as Administrator, then click again the “Save All Information” button.

PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

By the way, we moved your post into a separate topic to avoid confusion.

HDCL
    Participant

I have the diagnostic information. This is after a fresh restart of spacedesk.

I am getting a “allowable file size exceeded” error. The zip file is only 524 KB. I broke it into 2 parts

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by HDCL.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @hdcl,
    Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic files.

Can you uplease try/check the following:
    – Update your NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 graphics adapter to latest version. You can update via Nvidia GeForce Experience or download directly from their website https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.
    – Check in your C:\Windows\minidump folder if there’s any recent *.dmp file for the Windows crash (BSOD).
    If it’s there, please also send it to us.
    – Check the memory usage of spacedeskService.exe in task manager.
    – Maybe also send us the screenshot showing the high GPU virtual memory usage when spacedesk is active.

HDCL
    Participant

NVidia driver has been updated. There are no minimump files (I think I have full memory dump enabled and I did not let it finish dumping 32GB.)

Attached are a series of screenshots about 1 – 3 minutes apart showing the increasing Dedicated GPU Memory usage in task manager

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @hdcl,
    Thanks for the info.
    We were able to reproduce the memory leak.
    We will get back to you as soon as we have a fix for this issue.

HDCL
    Participant

Any updates on a fixed version?

Hi @hdcl,
    The development for the fix is still ongoing.
    We will let you know once it becomes available for install.

Hi @hdcl,
    We have sent you an email containing a potential fix for this issue.
    please check your inbox.

HDCL
    Participant

Checked and replied to email. New fix appears to be working. Will this be packaged into a new update?

Hi @hdcl,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
    We’re glad to hear that it is now working on your side.

We are planning to include the fix in the next update of the spacedesk Driver. We will keep you informed if the next update has been released and whether it has been included.

Hi @hdcl,

Any news about the Issue?
    Please be informed that we just released a new spacedesk Windows Driver which is now available on our download page http://www.spacedesk.net Please Update your spacedesk Windows Driver to BETA RC v1.0.70

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.