Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Disconnects from Tablets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave_25
    Participant

Hi,

Absolutely love SpaceDesk! We are using it to mirror a presentation on iPads to those who for whatever reason can’t see the main projector and it is brilliant for this. However, because we have an old router occasionally we get drop outs of the iPads but I am not able to access the iPads to reconnect them during the presentation. Is it possible to re-initiate connection from the base computer?

The iPads all connect to a video wall for which the disconnect delay is -1. So they hold the last screen that was on before the disconnection but is there a way to auto-reconnect to the computer or initiate a re-connect without accessing the iPads? Those using the iPads are not technically minded enough to press two buttons (I know it sounds ridiculous to be me too!)

Once again brilliant software!

D

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @dave_25
    There’s an Auto-reconnect option in the iOS viewer Settings -> Connection.
    Have you tried enabling it?

mutoab
    Participant

Have you tried updating the iPads to the latest app version? I’m having the same dropouts here and quite certain it’s due to running the latest server version with older client software apps that’s causing the problem.

(Unfortunately for me, I can’t update my iPads to confirm if this is right. The latest app is now being listed by Apple as incompatible for an iPad 9.7″ 4th Gen running iOS 10.3.4)

Lonny

Dave_25
    Participant

Hi SpaceDesk Lea,

I do have that option turned on all the tablets. I haven’t ensured I am running the correct version of the app though so I will check on that next time I am on site.

Is there a way I can test the disconnect function, as it is an intermittent issue with the router that is causing the disconnects, so I can’t really ‘test’ the reconnection feature, can you suggest a way to ‘test’ it?

thanks

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @dave_25
    You can easily test the auto-reconnect feature, just switch OFF the spacedesk via spacedesk Driver Console app and the app should try to auto-reconnect to the server (showing “Disconnected – Reconnecting to 192.168.xx.xx in the viewer screen), and when you switch back ON it should reconnect properly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.