Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Disable Scaling / 100% Scaling? (windows viewer)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    badbob001
    Participant

For a windows to windows configuration, I’m trying to configure the spacedesk resolution so that it fits in a 960×1360 (taller than wide) spacedesk viewer window at 100% pixel scaling (I want sharp text). Due to the spacedesk viewer titlebar and borders, I need to set the spacedesk resolution lower than 930×1360 but it requires trial and error . Is there a way to set the viewer to always show 100% scaling so I can be sure my resolution fits the viewer’s size perfectly?

badbob001
    Participant

In the viewer settings > display, I see these settings:
    view transformations:
    translation: inactive
    rotation: inactive
    scale: inactive

So with scale set to inactive, shouldn’t it not scale? But if reduce the window size of the viewer, it still scales the remote view to fit the window.

Hi @badbob001,
    The view transformation settings you mentioned is not needed since this is for 3D scaling via mouse input.
    if you want the display to fit your screen, you can just use your device’s native resolution then enter full sceen mode.

badbob001
    Participant

I’m using the viewer on windows and don’t want it to fill the entire screen. I use fancyzones/displayfusion to split my monitor into sections and so only want the spacedesk viewer to fit into a 960×1360 section.

So there is no way to disable scaling? Wouldn’t that be a problem if the server has 4K resolution and the viewer less than 1080p? Would be super blurry I suspect. Would be nice to have a 100% scale toggle for panning around.

Here is my current workaround. I took a screen capture of the spacedesk window and with the help of a image editor, was able to estimate that for my system, the titlebar is 33 pixels high and there is a 1 pixel border on the left, right, and bottom. So then I set the custom resolution to be (960-(1+1))x(1360-(33+1)) = 958×1326. Now the spacedesk view looks sharp but I can’t be totally sure that it’s 100% scale.

Hi @badbob001,
    The size of the viewer window is independent of its resolution. A small window with a high resolution will result in smaller text. If you’re confident with your resolution (958×1326) then it’s already scaled to 100%.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.