Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Default start Spacedesk on screen/desktop 1.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

By default after starting Spacedesk (PC server-Android client) I see screen/desktop #2.

Any program I run only shows up on screen/desktop #1.

On-screen/desktop #2 I can manually create a shortcut:
    DisplaySwitch.exe /clone and run it.
    Then I will see screen/desktop 1.

Unfortunately in the newest version, this is impossible because for Android client keyboard does not work properly.
    TAB,BACKSPACE,SPACE,ENTER,ARROWS keys are not working.
    Is there any way to force Spacedesk to start as screen/desktop1 by default right away on the first boot?

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @peter,
    Setting the default desktop mode to duplicate/mirror mode is not possible.
    It depends on your graphics adapter, some graphics adapter has mirror mode by default and some has extension mode by default.

Unfortunately in the newest version, this is impossible because for Android client keyboard does not work properly.
    TAB,BACKSPACE,SPACE,ENTER,ARROWS keys are not working.

Do you have both spacedesk Driver (v1.0.18) and Android Viewer app (v0.9.81) to latest version?
    Are you using the software keyboard? Or hardware keyboard?
    If it’s software keyboard, can you tell us the keyboard app type/name (e.g. is it a GBoard)?

Peter
    Participant

“Do you have both spacedesk Driver (v1.0.18) and Android Viewer app (v0.9.81) to latest version?”

YES

“Are you using the software keyboard? Or hardware keyboard?”
    Gboard – TAB,BACKSPACE,SPACE,ENTER,ARROWS keys are not working.Letters working.

another keyboard Thumb Keyboard (Android 10)
    No working
    I tap on the keyboard icon on the screen and nothing happened.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @peter,
    Thanks for the input.

To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8h5llgi8c2ig3g/2021_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
    This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
    On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and try to send several non working keyboard inputs), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
    After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
    Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

If it’s possible, can you also provide a short screen recording of the viewer app showing the non working gboard on spacedesk?

Peter
    Participant

I run spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd but something goes wrong and I cancel process.
    I run again and I see the error:

STEP 3: Enabling IddCx WPP tracing

Error:
    The data collector set already exists.

I delete DebugView.log but this did not help.
    What do I have to delete before restarting?

Peter
    Participant

spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd works OK
    need restart computer
    I deinstall/install Spacedesk many times and now (and I don’t know why) is better

Android 10 phone:
    -ThumbKeyboard still didn’t work but
    -GBoard work OK

tablet android 7:
    -Thumbkeyboard work OK

that’s enough for me for now
    in case of problems, I will start spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd and send it

THX for support.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks for the feedback!

Andreas
    Participant

ne

Andreas
    Participant

wie lade ich es herunter

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @andreas,
    You can download spacedesk Driver from our website – https://forum.spacedesk.net.
    For setup instruction, please refer to the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.