Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions De-Mistifying Licensing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tugalsan
    Participant

Hello I like your product. I always wanted to use it, for connecting a Tablet to Windows 11. Hence I bought one galaxy tablet today.

1) I installed spacedesk_viewer on tablet. Why on windows side the program still shows (free)?

2) On the tablet, on spacedesk_viewer, On the list named as Connect_to_Primary_Machine_(Server), there is an old windows machine shown. I have already uninstalled it. How can i remove it from the list. It is an important question for me, because the license says only for one pair of connection. I do not want to upgrade.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by tugalsan.
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by tugalsan.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tugalsan
    Participant

Note: I bought a license too from the app on tablet.

Hi
    1. The “free” you are seeing is for the spacedesk Driver which has an expiry date. you just have to re-download it again when it expires.

You can verify your Android viewer license by going connecting your Android viewer to the spacedesk Driver -> open spacedesk Console -> Connection -> click the name of your device -> check Client information in the right side of the console -> check the License Type.
    License type should show “Commercial” when your Android viewer has business license.

2. is the old windows machine still running?
    maybe you did not successfully uninstall the spacedesk Driver on your old windows machine..?
    have you tried turning shutting it down?
    is it still showing in your Android viewer?

tugalsan
    Participant

[On the tablet], when connected to laptop, i click the menu button, then “licensing”, it shows Business Licence …, Licenced to Current Google Play Account.
    Thx: So it is ok.

[On Windows 11 Pc Laptop] after one day (means, may be a simple restart), when i connect to tablet, spacedesk_Driver_for_Primary_Machine_(Server) titled dialog appered. It says “Licenced to: Commercial and Non-Commercial”, Connections: 1
    Thx: So it is ok.

[On Windows 11 Pc Laptop] when i deliberately open Spacedesk_driver_console on the right bottom side, it says “Version 2.1.15 (Expiry of free version: Dec 31,2024)
    Question: So that means I have to re-download and re-install driver every year, even if it is paid?

[On Windows 11 Pc Server] the software is not shown on the add/remove programs list. But the driver looked like installed on Device Manager.
    Question: What should i do in that situation to remove. Would uninstalling the driver will be enough?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @tugalsan,

1. The expiry info in the spacedesk Driver Console is only for the users with FREE VIEWER app.
    With LICENSED VIEWER app, you don’t have to reinstall the driver on or before Dec. 31, 2024.

Additional Info:
    When the driver expires on Dec. 31, 2024, the free viewer will show a black and white screen display.
    But if you connect with a licensed viewer app, it will continue to work as before with colored screen display.

2. Please refer to the UNINSTALL ON WINDOWS PRIMARY MACHINE chapter in the spacedesk documentation for the proper way to uninstall spacedesk – https://manual.spacedesk.net/UNINSTALLONWINDOWSPRIMARYMACHINE.html

tugalsan
    Participant

1. [On Windows 11 Pc Laptop]: So license owners do not need to re-install the driver, as they do not need to obey the expiration date written on the status bar. Thx.

2. [On Windows 11 Pc Server]: I have downloaded the spacedesk driver to that server. Then install. Then un-install. Then it is one on tablet’s server list. Thx

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @tugalsan,
    So the tablet device can still detect the primary machine even after uninstallation?
    Have you tried re-opening the spacedesk android viewer app to refresh the server list?
    Can you also quickly check if spacedeskService is still present and running in Windows services, just run “services.msc”.

If spacedesk is indeed still present even after uninstall, please send us the following for further analysis:
    – run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file
    – spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
    – setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.