Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Corporate Firewall blocking

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    abossart
    Participant

Hi
    I could in the past perfectly use my iPad Pro as 2nd screen with my Win 11 Laptop but since my company nailed down the firewall on all company Laptops my iPad can´t connect anymore. Tried with USB cable but external USB devices are banned from access. So, I´m wondering if I could initiate the connection from Laptop-to-iPad (Spacedesk Driver Console offers the possibility to enter the IP address of my iPad) to my iPad (not the normal way from iPad-to-Laptop).
    This would require a new feature in the Spacedesk Driver Console.

thank you for considering, Albert

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @abossart,
    Initiating the spacedesk connection from the server side (Laptop to iPad) is currently not in our plans.
    In any case, even if this feature is implemented in spacedesk, I don’t think it will help you with your current situation.
    Probably, the outgoing connection from your Windows 11 laptop will also be detected and blocked by your company’s firewall.

How about establishing a Mobile Hotspot/WiFi Direct network in your Windows 11 laptop?
    We cannot guarantee that it will help, but maybe you can quickly try.
    Please check the chapter Use Wifi Direct / Wifi Hotspot / Wifi Access Point in the spacedesk documentation –
    https://manual.spacedesk.net/UseWifiDirectWifiHotspotWifiAcce.html.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.