Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions causing bsod

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Warrret
    Participant

I have been trying to set up spacedesk to use my old samsung tablet as another monitor for my laptop, but whenever it’s connected it causes the laptop to blescreen after a bit. the code is usually IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but sometimes its SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @warrret,

Please check these possible known reasons for BSOD with spacedesk:

1. If you have an old Nvidia graphics driver version (specifically v461.09 – release date: 2021.1.7), please make sure to update it to a more recent version which is available on their official website or via Nvidia GeForce Experience.

2. If you are using USB tethering connection, the USB driver used by USB tethering network causes a BSOD crash in some cases.
    Please use native USB cable connection instead, you can enable it via spacedesk Driver Console.

For more info check the chapter Windows 10 crash with BSOD chapter in the spacedesk documentation – https://manual.spacedesk.net/Windows10CrashwithBSODBlueScreen.html.

If the suggestions above did not help, please send us the diagnostic files for further analysis.
    Just run the spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics -> Save All Information button (in the prompt please click Yes to restart the console app as administrator to collect any possible dump file for the BSOD).
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

Warrret
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your answer

My graphics driver is up to date, but I cant seem to find the setting to enable native USB connection.

I have tried attaching the zip file, but it is too big, so instead I have uploaded it to mediafire. Here is the link https://www.mediafire.com/file/wkkc6on3rxqa35e/2024-06-11-122304-spacedeskRuntimeDiagnostics.zip/file

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Warrret.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @warrret,

Thanks for sending the diagnostics files.
    We are currently analyzing it.

For the native Android USB cable connection, just enable it via spacedesk Driver Console -> Communication Interfaces.
    If it did not work immediately, please try to switch the spacedesk server/driver OFF-ON or re-plug the USB cable.

Warrret
    Participant

Hi,

there is no setting labeled “native Android USB cable connection” in communication interfaces. If you mean the setting titled “USB Cable Android”, it is already on, infact it is the only setting in communication interfaces which is on. I have turned off local area network because it being on seemed to make the app prioratise wireless connection over wired and that makes the responsivness significantly slower.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @warrret,

Two answers to two questions:

1. Blue Screen
    The dump analysis on your Blue Screen does not point to any specific driver nor can it be identified by us.
    It could have any reason under the sun.

2. USB problem
    Please check if you have USB debugging (in developer option) enabled with USB preference set to “Charging only” or “No Data Transfer”.
    If this is the case, make sure to select the USB preference/settings in your Android device to “File Transfer” mode.

Warrret
    Participant

Hi,

I have checked the USB setting on my android, it was indeed on charging only, however, whenever I switch it to file transfer the driver for the device stops working (gets a little yellow warning sign in device manager) and the desktop connection stops completely.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @warrret,
    Could you please try to restart your Android device and try again with the USB cable connection with spacedesk.
    By the way, which driver in the device manager shows the yellow exclamation mark?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.