Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Achieving lowest latency

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    masterpj55
    Participant

I was wondering if there is any advantage over 2.5g ethernet vs gigabit ethernet for spacedesk?
    I want the lowest latency possible using a direct ethernet cable from 2 windows laptops.

I found an gigabit usb c ethernet interface for both sides and it looks quite good at 60fps
    I would be willing to pay for an 80fps or 120fps mode just for even more response rate and take advantage of my surface pro in extended display mode more for drawing…

Does spacedesk make use of HEVC. Using a 4080 laptop?

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @masterpj55,

better network bandwidth could also result to better performance and lower latency.

Currently,
    the maximum available refresh rate in spacedesk is 60fps and
    HEVC or any other hardware accelerated encoding is not used.

masterpj55
    Participant

Hi Nicole. Thanks for the quick response!
    I will invest in a 2.5g usb c interface for both ends rather then a gigabit interface.

Understandable about 60fps and thats it for now.. Works great however with my laptop and surface pro.. Can barely find the difference and runs like a charm.. Absolute respect to the developers making the software. I would buy a perpetual license to this software the moment it’s possible.

Just for resource purposes… is hardware encoding high on the list of todo? It would really make this product the ultimate tool for me and I’d be super happy to endorse it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.