Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions Tablet FPS performance falls off a cliff after a few seconds of use on a Fire HD

Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor
    Castaa
    Teilnehmer

Everything connects and displays properly on the tablet as a 2nd PC display but then it goes from full frame rate to less than 1 fps after less than a minute while using the Fire HD tablet as 2nd PC display. Using the USB-C to USB-C tablet to Windows 10 PC. Turning off and on the spacedesk resolves the issue but it returns again in less than a minute.

I’ve tried changing the FPS to 30, lowering the image quality, changing the color bit depth/format. Same issue with these settings. I’ve rebooted everything. Same issue.

Everything is up to date. Installed it via the Google App store onto the Fire HD tablet. I also have an Amazon Fire HD 8 (2020 model).

I see multiple people in this thread with my same issue: https://forum.spacedesk.net/forums/topic/usb-tethering-lag-fire-hd-8/

• Dieses Thema wurde geändert vor 1 Monat, 3 Wochen von Castaa.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @castaa,
    Can you please tell us the current screen resolution of your client viewer?
    Maybe try to lower it and check if it will improve the performance.

Do you have other USB cable that you can try? If yes, please try.

Please also check if there’s a high memory and CPU usage of the „spacedeskService“ in the task manager while spacedesk connection is lagging.

For further analysis, please send us the diagnostic logs of the issue via spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics.
    Just follow the diagnostic collection steps provided in the Diagnostic’s right-side panel of the spacedesk Driver Console.

Castaa
    Teilnehmer

Hello Lea. Thank you for the reply.

The Fire HD tablet is set to its native resolution of 1280×800.

I’ve tried all of those things. I’ve tried 60 fps, then 30 fps. I’ve adjusted the image quality to low. I’ve changed the settings to 16-bit and 32-bit color. I’ve tried using a different USB-C cable and changed the connected USB-C port on my GPU and then to my motherboard.

The PC’s cpu usage isn’t high, the spacedesk process is using 0% when the issue happens.

None of these things did anything to change the the issue I described.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.
    Could you please try to switch OFF the Nvidia ShadowPlay/In-game overlay in your Nvidia GeForce Experience window, then check if it will improve the performance.

Castaa
    Teilnehmer

Okay, I disabled nvidia’s overlay and shadowplay. Same issue.

It does appear to be bandwidth/screen update related. I played a youtube video on the tablet’s display and just after a few seconds it starting having the screen update issue I described. If it leave that screen only displaying a static window/image, the issue doesn’t happen.

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @castaa,

I would like to request another diagnostics.
    The previous diagnostic logs were incomplete.
    Please follow the diagnostic collection steps provided in the Diagnostic’s right-side panel of the spacedesk Driver Console. Screenshot of the same steps is attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Ansicht von 6 Beiträgen – 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.