Forum Foren spacedesk Discussions PC lags and freezes after updating to v 1.0.43

Ansicht von 16 Beiträgen – 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 15)
  • Autor
    Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer

I’ve been happily using spcaedesk with only occasional issues (It disconnects when an update is needed)

After the current update to Beta RC v1.0.43 8.1 (64-bit) (on a windows 7 PC) my ipad connects but the PC lags and becomes VERY slow to respond. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the spacedesk driver software but it didn’t see to help. Any advice? Thank you.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @mrjtrix,
    For further analysis, could you please send us the diagnostic logs of your Windows7/8.1 primary machine.
    To get the diagnostic logs for Windows7/8.1 machine, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8w439rp66vqbr1/2022_spacedeskDiagnosticTool_Legacy.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
    This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces. If there’s a pop-up message from DebugView, just press “Agree” to proceed.

On step 4 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for the issue to happen), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.

After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
    Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer

Thank you for your assistance.

When I first connect the iPad it seems to work OK for a few seconds.
    But then I hear another tone (similar to a USB connecting sound.. as if connecting again?).
    Then the PC slows down and the cursor slows and freezes etc.

When I had the spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd open and connected the viewer app the issue didn’t seem bad. The cursor seemed pretty normal and I could move it between the two screens.
    After running the script however, every thing was pretty much stuck and I couldn’t move the mouse etc.

Please find the attached file you requested.

Thank you.
    Jason

Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer

I received an error uploading the file.
    „File exceeds allowed file size.“

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @mrjtrix,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Can you maybe try to split the contents and send 2 (or 3) zip files?
    OR maybe upload the zipped folder in dropbox or google drive, then just send us the download link?

Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @mrjtrix,

Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
    It seems that dxdiag.txt file is missing, could you also please send it?
    Just run dxdiag.exe, click Save All Information then send us the output file (dxdiag.txt).

Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer

I’m sorry, I don’t seem to see dxdiag.exe I see a Dbgview.exe in the unziped files as well as the folders created. I have attached a zip file of all. I hope this is what you need. Thank you.
    I do have a DxDiag.txt file saved on my desktop but it is dated 7-16-2021 So I think it was from an old support ticket. (I’m not sure how I created it) as all I see in the spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd is Dbgview.exe and spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd

Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer
    spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

dxdiag.exe is a Windows tool, you can easily search it via Windows Search bar or via start menu..

Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer

Thank you. I found it. Please see the attached file you requested.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @mrjtrix,
    thanks. We are currently analyzing the log files.

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @mrjtrix,
    can you please try to set the FPS of the client to 60 FPS?
    You can find this setting on your iOS client:
    Settings -> Quality/Performance -> Custom FPS Rate.

Please let us know if this helped.

Mrjtrix
    Teilnehmer

Changing the FPS Rate to 60 FPS seemed to do the trick! Thank you for your assistance.
    I appreciate your continued support even with this old system. I use Spacedesk to extend and duplicate the signal from a video projector. Spacedesk allows me to use my old iPad as a monitor, so I can see what is projected on the big screen (via projector). Controlling multimedia for a show are all my old PC and iPad are used for and it’s perfect for what I need. So again, I appreciate you and your program!

spacedesk Nicole
    Administrator

Hi @mrjtrix,
    thank you for confirming the workaround fix.
    We will let you know once we have it fixed and publicly released.

spacedesk Lea
    Administrator

Hi @mrjtrix,
    New spacedesk Driver 1.0.48 for Windows 7/8.1 is now released.
    Please try it and let us know if it fixes the issue.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Ansicht von 16 Beiträgen – 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 15)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.