Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Using a Tablet as a Secondary Monitor for Gaming: Any Experiences?

正在查看 5 个帖子:1-4 (共 4 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    TheGamingGuy
    参与者

Has anyone experimented with utilizing a tablet as a secondary monitor for gaming purposes? I’m interested in extending my gaming setup without investing in another physical monitor. Specifically, I’m curious about the practicality, effectiveness, and potential drawbacks of this setup.

Furthermore, I’m concerned about whether employing a tablet as a secondary display might trigger any anticheat software in games. Are there any known instances of anticheat systems flagging such configurations as suspicious or potentially violating terms of service?

I’d appreciate hearing from anyone who has tried this setup or has insights into the compatibility and safety aspects, particularly regarding anticheat measures.

Hi @thegamingguy,
    The effectiveness of using a tablet as a secondary monitor depends on factors like Wi-Fi stability, resolution, device specifications, and software compatibility.

Drawbacks include the need for a stable Wi-Fi connection, affecting game performance.
    But for optimal gaming experience, wired connections like USB or Ethernet cables are recommended.

Regarding anti-cheat systems, using a second monitor isn’t considered cheating unless displaying game information not normally accessible or uses suspicious software. there have been no reports from other users indicating that spacedesk has triggered violations in the anti-cheat systems of their games so far.

jerryss
    参与者

i use spacedesk with MS flight simulator (for aircraft panels) it works great

Slackware1995
    参与者

I use a Samsung S6 light 10 inch tablet. I connect using a USB connector. I’ve always bought my USB cables based on type and power capacity. I never thought that most USB C cables only support USB 2.0 data rates (480 Mbps). This speed requires that I limit to 30 fps, use 16 bit color, and some compression in order to use native tablet resolution.

It works fine for most games I play (I’m not into multiplayer FPS type games). The only issue I’ve had is some games that insist on always using the primary display but I don’t want the tablet as my primary display.

I would assume a USB C cable that can handle USB 3.0 speeds of 5 Gbps or faster would allow my to run the tablets at maximum settings. A 10 Gbps USB cable should be able to do at least 4k 60 Hz.

So determining if gaming will work for you requires knowing what performance you want, what hardware you want and what connection type and cable you have available. Unless you have a very fast WIFI 6/6E connection available for both devices you probably want a wired connection. Plus why destroy your WIFI performance trying to run 1080P wireless monitor.

Another advantage for using USB between your server machine and a client tablet is that the server will keep the client charged using the same USB cable. You can get long USB cables of 10+ feet if you want the remote client across the room from your server.

Slackware1995
    参与者

I use a Samsung S6 light 10 inch tablet. I connect using a USB connector. I’ve always bought my USB cables based on type and power capacity. I never thought that most USB C cables only support USB 2.0 data rates (480 Mbps). This speed requires that I limit to 30 fps, use 16 bit color, and some compression in order to use native tablet resolution.

It works fine for most games I play (I’m not into multiplayer FPS type games). The only issue I’ve had is some games that insist on always using the primary display but I don’t want the tablet as my primary display.

I would assume a USB C cable that can handle USB 3.0 speeds of 5 Gbps or faster would allow my to run the tablets at maximum settings. A 10 Gbps USB cable should be able to do at least 4k 60 Hz.

So determining if gaming will work for you requires knowing what performance you want, what hardware you want and what connection type and cable you have available. Unless you have a very fast WIFI 6/6E connection available for both devices you probably want a wired connection. Plus why destroy your WIFI performance trying to run 1080P wireless monitor.

Another advantage for using USB between your server machine and a client tablet is that the server will keep the client charged using the same USB cable. You can get long USB cables of 10+ feet if you want the remote client across the room from your server.

As for anti-cheat software and multi-monitor I know of no games that have this (there may be games that don’t allow multi-monitor for some weird reason). I can say if you see people streaming your game on twitch or YouTube you can be 99.99% confident that they use 1 monitor for the game and at least 1, if not 2, monitors to watch chat and control the streaming software (usually OBS). Perhaps a few just getting started streaming will use a 4k monitor, running the game, chat and OBS in windows. If they are serious they likely will quickly buy an $80 1080p or an $110 1440P monitor for chat and OBS as running everything in windows on one monitor really sucks.

正在查看 5 个帖子:1-4 (共 4 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。