Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions USB connection (No Tethering)

正在查看 10 个帖子:1-9 (共 9 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    raya2
    参与者

I heard that using Wifi for a long time, could gives u a headache, So I prefer using USB over Wifi.

So I’m asking to support USB connection between Spacedesk (Windows version) & and an android device. (& I don’t have an-always-on internet on my windows to share with my android device (tethering)), so tethering is out of my options.

I tried some other paid apps (similar to Spacedesk) that can do this USB connection without tethering & smoothly. So it means that it is possible for USB to work without tethering; But they r not free & also they are not as powerful as Spacedesk.

So please add support for USB (without tethering) in Spacedesk. Thank u.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @raya2,
    Currently, spacedesk does not support native USB connection between Windows primary machine and Android viewer app.
    But you might want to try connection via Android Debug Bridge Cable.
    This connection requires you to download the Android SDK platform tools on your primary machine before you can setup an Android Debug Bridge Cable connection.

Please check Android Debug Bridge Cable chapter in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual.

morTimar
    参与者

@raya2 I have to ask because I don’t get your setup.

– Windows is you spacedesk server
    – Android is your client, where you wanna extent/mirror your windows screen?

If so, you can use USB tethering on your Android to get connected to spacedesk server.

To not tether your internet from Android but using still your Windows machine wifi, change the IP4 settings (metric) as describe here, 2nd post.

raya2
    参与者

I tried the ADB & entered “adb reverse tcp:28252 tcp:28252″ in the powershell of Android SDK platform-tools. Then used 127.0.0.1 in the android app of spacedesk. But it won’t work & gave me this error:

Disconnected by server error
    Error Code: 2-5
    Error Info: 0-5
    Connected time: 00:00:01

raya2
    参与者

@mortimar

“you can use USB tethering”

I don’t want to use tethering, as I said in the first post.

& yes, my server is windows & my client is an android device. I want to bring my windows 10 screen to my android device. (It’s an android 10 device)

• 该回复由raya2 于 2年、 10月前 修正。
    raya2
    参与者

@lea

I tried the ADB & entered “adb reverse tcp:28252 tcp:28252″ in the powershell of Android SDK platform-tools. Then used 127.0.0.1 in the android app of spacedesk. But it won’t work & gave me this error:

Disconnected by server error
    Error Code: 2-5
    Error Info: 0-5
    Connected time: 00:00:01

morTimar
    参与者

@raya2 you are asking for a USB connection without USB tethering from your Android.

yes, my server is windows & my client is an android device. I want to bring my windows 10 screen to my android device. (It’s an android 10 device)

ok, but you could use USB tethering from your Android WITHOUT actually tethering your Androids internet.
    Internet would still be used from your Windows machine. It even works completly without an internet connection.

My setup:
    – server WIN10
    – client Android tablet
    1. connect Android & WIN10 computer via USB
    2. start USB tethering @Android device
    3. In WIN10 network settings check status for the USB tetheriung adapter to get the IP address and add this IP in the spacedesk client of your Android device

Important for NOT using Androids internet connection (LTE, …)
    In WIN10 you need to change the metric in the IP4 settings of your USB tethering network adapter as mentioned in that topic

So even if you are using USB tethering from your android that does not automatically mean your are using your mobile data plan if that is the concern why you don’t wanna use USB tethering.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @raya2,
    To further analyze the disconnection issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8h5llgi8c2ig3g/2021_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
    This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
    On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for the issue to happen), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
    After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
    Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

raya2
    参与者

@lea

Here is the log file:

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @raya2,
    Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
    Based on the debug view logs, spacedesk has detected an incompatible display driver present on your primary machine.
    Do you have either one of these software? Splashtop, Duet Display, Fresco Logic ?
    spacedesk cannot coexist with these products, please remove it, reboot then try again with spacedesk.

正在查看 10 个帖子:1-9 (共 9 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。