Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Unable to find server on iOS devices

正在查看 10 个帖子:1-9 (共 9 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    Armor00
    参与者

When I use my iOS or iPadOS devices, the app constantly shows “Cannot detect Sever!”.
    I am able to connect to the windows device from an Android device, or use the H5 weblink on the iOS devices.
    I tried to reinstall the server software on my windows device, but it did not fix the problem. Switch to another windows device have the same result(Android via app successful, ios via H5 successful, ios via app unable).

Can someone help me solve this problem?

My server software version is Beta 1.0.11.
    iPad: iPad Pro 12.9in 3rd gen on iPadOS 15.0 beta 6.
    iPhone: iPhone X on iOS 14.7.1
    Android: Xiaomi Tablet 5 pro on Android 11
    All the software and apps are up-to-date

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @armor00,
    iOS device Settings -> Privacy -> Local Network, if there’s spacedesk and if it’s enabled.

Armor00
    参与者

I checked that setting, appears to be correctly set.
    And to add more confusion, I tried another iPad and it was able to find the IP address, and connect without a problem.

The working iPad: iPad Pro 11in gen2 with iPadOS 14.7.1
    None working iPad: iPad Pro 12.9in gen2 with iPadOS 15.0 beta6

The none-working iPad is able to discover the windows device with other apps, and manually adding IP in spacedesk always stuck at IP validation.

Both of them are running Spacedesk version 1.0.44

• 该回复由Armor00 于 2年、 10月前 修正。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @armor00,

The none-working iPad is able to discover the windows device with other apps, and manually adding IP in spacedesk always stuck at IP validation.

What do you mean by “windows device with other apps”?
    ..so it cannot discover the spacedesk server, right?
    ..so the non working iPad has the latest iOS beta version.. is it possible to downgrade it to non beta version e.g. 14.7?

For further analysis, could you please send us the dxdiag info of your primary machine?
    Just run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save all information” and send us the output file.

Armor00
    参与者

What do you mean by “windows device with other apps”?

I meant that My iPad is able to connect to the windows device with other apps installed on that iPad, like RD Client or Nplayer. This proves that the local network is fine.

Indeed it cannot discover the spacedesk server via the IOS app, but H5 version works without a problem.

I initially suspect that this problem is related to the iPadOS beta version, so I tried with my iPhone, which is on iOS 14.7.1, and it did not work either. But the only Apple device working so far is indeed running iPadOS 14.7.

As for the dxdiag info, I did not find a dxdiag.exe in the installation folder. I run “dxdiag.exe” directly from windows and the output file is attached.

Thanks for your help!

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @armor00,

Thanks for the input and dxdiag info.
    It seems that it’s a network discovery issue in our iOS viewer app which occasionally happens on some iOS device.
    We don’t know yet the root cause since we still cannot reproduce this issue on our side.
    We have received similar bug reports from various users before.
    Is your non working iPad Pro 12.9 has cellular or wifi only?

Armor00
    参与者

Is your non working iPad Pro 12.9 has cellular or wifi only?

Cellular. And my working iPad Pro is wifi only. Disabling the celluar function did not resolve the problem.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @armor00,
    Thanks for the info.
    Not sure if this will make any difference, but please try to disable both cellular and wifi then re-enable the wifi only and reconnect to the network?

Armor00
    参与者

Not sure if this will make any difference, but please try to disable both cellular and wifi then re-enable the wifi only and reconnect to the network?

I tried this and also a combination of switching the WIFI, cellular, airplane mode, Bluetooth. None of which is making any difference.
    I did find that SpaceDesk app is not in the app list of “APPs using wifi and cellular” though, not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.

I am now inclined to believe maybe this problem has something to do with the cellular function, and I will test it whenever I can get hold of another wifi-only iPad. I will keep you posted.

Armor00
    参与者

Update:
    I tested another iPad, which is an iPad 2018 with iPadOS 14 something. It is wifi-only, and works without any problem.

正在查看 10 个帖子:1-9 (共 9 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。