Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Touchscreen inop under viewor on SURFACE tablet

正在查看 16 个帖子:1-15 (共 15 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

I’ve connected an MS SURFACE tablet (touchscreen) to my main PC (running Spacedesk server) via wi-fi. When I drag anything onto the tablet’s screen, the mouse works fine to click on things, but the touchscreen is totally inoperative. I’ve tried configuring the (MS Store version of the) viewer so touch emulates mouse or so that touch is just touch, but neither seems to solve the problem. Can anyone give me a steer in the right direction?
    Thanks,
    Erik, a Spacedesk Newbie

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

A quick followup: I just found that the same process using an ancient Android tablet works just fine… whatever I drag onto the touchscreen responds just fine to finger pokes. So it seems likely to be either a MS Surface configuration problem or a problem with the Spacedesk viewer for Windows-based tablets. Hope that helps someone see what is likely the problem…

Hi @goodmanmsu-edu,
    Have you taken control over your spacedesk screen? You will need to activate Remote Control first to use the touch functionality in MS store version of the viewer. To do this, you can simply use your Surface tablet’s mouse and click inside the active spacedesk viewer. A dialog box will appear, click ‘Take Control’ then try to use touch screen to see if it is working now.

If you don’t have an external mouse for your Surface tablet, you can also try the following method, although it’s a bit difficult to activate:
    -> Tap once to activate the green menu bar at the top of the screen.
    -> While the green menu bar is visible, perform a three-finger-tap gesture.
    -> This should bring up the dialog to enter touch mode.
    Please let us know if this works for you.

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

I’ve tried it both ways. First, I plugged a wired mouse into the SURFACE tablet, started the Spacedesk viewer on the tablet, and clicked inside the screen (before moving the TDS GTN 650 onto this screen). I got the menu popup, clicked on Take Control, then used my PC mouse to move the GTN display onto the tablet. Worked fine with the system mouse, but no touchscreen functionality.
    Then I did it the other way… rebooted the tablet, started the viewer, used the one tap and 3-finger gesture to bring up the menu, again chose “Take Control”, but same result… GTN worked fine with system mouse, but touches didn’t work at all.

So I’m still puzzled… I was very excited and happy to get your reply above, but I must still be missing something in this process… any further ideas?
    THanks very much!
    Erik

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

Incidentally, I also tried it in the other order… moving in the GTN 650 display onto the tablet before doing the “take control” move within that window. but thaT also didn’t seem to make any difference.

Hi @goodmanmsu-edu,
    Just for clarification, are your touch capabilities not working even outside of spacedesk?
    Could you please try to connect to the server using your UWP app (This time, do not activate remote control) > minimize the spacedesk window > see if you can perform any touch actions on the screen.

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

If I disconnect Spacedesk viewer on the tablet, the touchscreen works normally. I can read mail, run apps, etc., at the touch of an icon. However, as soon as I connect the viewer, all of that touchscreen functionality disappears, whether or not I go through the “Take Control” procedure. I apologize that I’m not a tablet person nor, for fifteen years until recently, a Windows person. So I don’t know how to minimize the Spacedesk window, even using the mouse… I can click with the “system” mouse (i.e., the one plugged into the Server PC) when it’s on the tablet screen to push the buttons along the top and sides just off the Spacedesk-occupied portion of the screen, but none of them work for touch as long as the Spacedesk viewer is connected to the server. I hope this is responsive to your question, but I’m not at all sure, as I’m operating in pretty much of a vacuum with regard to tablet usage and more generally, any sophisticated usage of Windows (sorry!).

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

I just figured out how to switch between the Spacedesk window and the main window for the tablet, and when the Spacedesk window is not on the screen, then the buttons work fine… i.e., I can bring up the tablet’s “Settings” window by touching the settings icon, But the icons displayed on the bottom of the Spacedesk screen (such as the Settings icon for the server PC) do not work by touch, although they are fine by mouse click (clicking it brings the PC’s settings up on another monitor). So the connectivity is definitely there, just not the touch functionality.

Hi @goodmanmsu-edu,
    I see, so you are able to perform touch screen outside of spacedesk UWP viewer while connected but not inside of spacedesk window is that right?
    Could you please quickly try it with spacedesk viewer for windows 7 and see if it is also happening there as well?
    You can download it on our website: https://www.spacedesk.net/

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

Yes, with the Win 10 (MS Store) viewer running, I can finger touch icons along the bottom and bring up a browser, settings, etc. So the screen is active outside the viewer.
    I tried to download the Win 7 version, using both Chrome and Edge, but in both cases, it gives me the following:
    HTML5 app prerequisites
    Please delete all cached files, images and cookies on web browser settings to load the latest HTML5 viewer page
    Requires latest version of web browser and operating system. Please update
    Mozilla Firefox currently unsupported due to performance limitations

My tablet was purchased recently (used, but cleaned), and came with newly installed Windows 10 Home, version 22H2, and I installed the latest Chrome browser, so it’s not that my system is out of date. After the failure above, I went into Chrome and deleted all the history, killed Chrome and restarted it, went back to your website, and tried the Win 7 download again, but, unfortunately, with the same result. Any further ideas?
    Thanks,
    Erik

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

Update:
    Although I got an error message when trying to download the Windows 7 viewer, I have since learned that it actually DID download. I have installed it on the SURFACE tablet, and connected to the server, and it produces a reduced-size window, but works fine with the system mouse (i.e., the mouse from the main PC, to which the tablet looks like display 5). I have started the TDS GTNXi 750 in “Standalone” mode, which pops up on one of my main screens, then dragged it onto the tablet. There, using the system mouse, it works fine. Without using the “Take Control” trick, the finger touches do not work, and I clicked on the Spacedesk viewer window with the system mouse and activated “remote control.” The touchscreen still did not work to push any of the buttons on the 750. I used the tablet’s mouse to see how things were set up in Spacedesk, and saw the following: under Functionality, Display, Mouse remote, and Touchscreen (absolute) were checked. Under Settings, it showed the 5 lines (Resolution, Compression quality, etc.), but I saw nothing strange there, and I couldn’t click on anything and get any response with the tablet mouse. Here’s a picture of the screen under the Win 7 version (on my Win 10 tablet), in case that’s helpful…
    Hope this provides some additional insight…
    Erik

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。

Hi @goodmanmsu-edu,
    So the same behavior (touchscreen not working inside of spacedesk window) is also happening in windows 7 viewer.
    for further analysis, Could you maybe you please send us the Diagnostic logs of this Issue?
    Just follow the steps below:
    – open spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics
    – if Debug View is not available, please click the download button first
    – switch Diagnostic Collection ON (make sure to click Yes in the User Account Control box to proceed)
    – try to reproduce the issue. preferably in Windows 10 viewer (from MS store)
    – switch Diagnostic Collection OFF
    – click Save All Information button (if a message box appears, just click No to proceed)
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

Well, as so often happens in the real world, after I re-installed the MS Store Win 10 version of the viewer, started up the diagnostics in the server, and took control on the MS Surface tablet, the touchscreen started working… I’d done the same thing (minus the diagnostics step) several times before, to no good result, but right now, it’s finally working, at which I’m delighted! I would send along the zipped diagnostics files in case they would be of any use to you, but they came out to be 2.5MB, and the max size allowed below is 512KB.

Thanks for your helpful responses… I love your product!!!
    Erik

Hi @goodmanmsu-edu,
    We are glad to hear that it is now working on your side.
    you can still send the diagnostic logs via cloud-sharing storage e.g. google drive or dropbox then just send the link here. it will be very helpful!

goodman@msu.edu
    参与者

Here is the link to the Dropbox file where the zipped diagnostics are saved. Sorry for the
    long delay!
    Erik

—————
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/ifUCaux35yvxY41H

Hi @goodmanmsu-edu,

Thank you very much for the diagnostic logs.
    this is very helpful and we will continue investigating it.
    for the meantime, We will now close this topic. If you encounter any spacedesk related issues, just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you again.

正在查看 16 个帖子:1-15 (共 15 个帖子)
  • 话题“Touchscreen inop under viewor on SURFACE tablet”已关闭,不接受新回复。