Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions SpaceDesk second monitor just deactivates

正在查看 13 个帖子:1-12 (共 12 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    Myron
    参与者

This is a strange issue. As of the time I post this message the Android App is at its latest version and using the Windows beta driver: 1.0.11

What happens is that I leave the computer alone for some number of minutes. About half an hour.

The Spacedesk app on the Android 5.1 tablet has it’s last picture display frozen on it. The space desk driver on Windows is on, but the second display (which is supposed to be the second monitor had vanished). Actually while I was typing this message it looks like it re-initialised the connection and just decided start working again without any action on my part.

This second screen loss is present in the last few versions.

At the moment that’s all I’ve got for you. Are there any logs I can send to you?

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @myron,
    Can you check if this only happens when there’s no screen activity on spacedesk viewer screen?
    Can you please try to open a task manager window and put it on the spacedesk display so there’s a continuous screen activity on spacedeks display then leave the PC for few minutes and check if it will also disconnect.

What is the current quality/performance (Encoding color depth, Custom FPS, Rendering Color depth) settings on your spacedesk Android Viewer app?

Myron
    参与者

I’ll get back to you regarding putting Task Manager on the extended display soon as that test being performed now.

In the meanwhile . . .

Image quality: About 75%
    Encodong colour depth: Medium colour quality, medium speed (YUV 4.2.2)
    Rendering colour depth: 16-bit

I’m going to try up the rendering colour depth to 24-bit.

Yes, the display was idle each time for a number of minutes. Don’t know exactly how long. At a guesstimate, 20 minutes.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @myron,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Can you please also try with YUV444 encoding color depth (without the task manager or any screen activity in spacedesk display) then let us know if you can still reproduce the issue.

Myron
    参与者

So far so good. Still testing, but today I have updated both the server on the Windows 10 machine and the app on the Android tablet.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @myron,
    Thanks for the feedback.

Myron
    参与者

It’s happened again. As I type this I can’t move the cursor to the second display on the Android tablet. Windows 10’s display settings shows that there is only one monitor. The desktop is still being shown on the second display on the Android tablet and is static. I extended the display and it’s has been about an hour without me even moving the mouse pointer onto the extended second screen. The Spacedesk server’s status is “ON (idle)”.

I tapped the screen on the Android tablet which then the app changed it’s display showing that the display is reconnecting, then connected and the extended display on the Android tablet is now active. The server status is now showing “ON (connected)”.

I don’t have a screen saver active on my laptop and the display did not blank/power off.

Server version is 1.0.12 and the Android app version is 0.9.76.

Myron
    参与者

Android version is 5.1

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @myron,

It’s happened again. As I type this I can’t move the cursor to the second display on the Android tablet. Windows 10’s display settings shows that there is only one monitor.

Is this with YUV444 compression settings or with task manager displaying in viewer screen?

Myron
    参与者

With YUV444 compression settings on and task manager NOT displaying in the viewer screen.

Myron
    参与者

More information:

When the Task Manager is on the extended display on the Android 5.1 tablet all appears to be fine. If the display is idle of nothing on it and no activity then on the Android Tablet the display is frozen on whatever was displayed on it last. Windows 10 shows that the extended display does not exist. Space desk driver on the primary Windows 10 machine is showing as idle and no remote remote network connections.

A few seconds after I double clicked the system tray icon to show the driver’s status window on the Android tablet it shows that the display is not connected and the network connection between the spacedesk driver and the app on the Android tablet was re-established.

It looks like the data connection over the WiFi is disconnected either from the Andoid App or the spacedesk driver and when I bring the spacedesk driver status to the foreground, after a few seconds the connection is established and the extended display resumes.

Android app’s option to auto-reconnect is turned on. Automatic connect is off. Automatic server discovery is on.

Hope this feedback helps.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @myron,
    back to this issue.. Could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver 1.0.18 on our website + latest android viewer app v0.9.81 from Google Playstore?

By the way, do you have third party firewall software installed (e.g. McAfee)?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Myron
    参与者

Just using Windows Defender that’s built in. Will check the software within the next few days.

正在查看 13 个帖子:1-12 (共 12 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。