Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Someone connected to my pc. We need passwords.

正在查看 7 个帖子:1-6 (共 6 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    Rouven
    参与者

Today i noticed that a person using a Redmi Pad 6 had connected to my pc previously for 9 minutes.
    This is so scary and i do not understand why there is not a future as simple as a password to protect from outside connections.
    Hope this gets solved soon. As of now i am no longer using this application as its too risky.

Hi @rouven,
    Password protection and encryption support will become available very soon!
    In the meantime you can take extra precautions when using your machine in public places while using public Wi-Fi, to temporarily prevent anyone from connecting, you can switch OFF the whole spacedesk Server when not in use.

If you are using a private network, no one can connect outside of it unless they are connected to the same private network as you do.

On the other hand, if you are using an Android or iOS as a secondary devices, you could just switch OFF the Local Area Network and then switch ON the USB Cable Android and USB Cable iOS option and connect to the server using cable instead. In this way, you will still be able to use your spacedesk and devices over USB and be safe from unknown outside connections.
    See attached Screenshots for assistance.

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。

Hi @rouven,
    We just released a new spacedesk Driver v2.1.10 on our website, this update includes the Password protection and encryption feature which is only available in a licensed Android viewer.
    Please update your spacedesk Driver to the latest version and let us know if you encounter any issues.
    We look forward to your Feedback!

Rouven
    参与者

That is fantastic news thank you. I don’t really understand the license as it’s written so I will have to get clear what it means before I buy anything.
    The license is just per connection, correct? Or is there a limit as to how many different host devices you are allowed to use Spacedesk on as a host device, or the license is only for one single phone/device so you need another license to use a different phone/device to connect?
    The wording just confuses me. I have 2 pc’s and a tablet and phone. As I understand it, I can have Spacedesk hosting on both pc’s but only one of my devices can connect at a time to any of the pc’s under a license right?
    Thanks.

Hi @rouven,
    You can use the same license on multiple devices, your license is tied to your email address, not to the device itself.
    The limit on how many licensed viewers you can connect simultaneously depends on your current license bundle, which can be found on the Concurrent Access Licensing page on your Android viewer.
    For example, if you currently have the “one concurrent connection” license, you can use it on multiple devices, but only one at a time. To connect multiple devices simultaneously, you would need to upgrade to a license offering a higher number of concurrent connections, such as 2-5 concurrent connections.
    This applies no matter if simultaneously connected to the same or to multiple different Primary Windows Machines.

FYI: The number of simultaneous connections is currently not enforced. We might do so in the mid-term to long-term future.

Rouven
    参与者

Thank you, that clears it up nicely.
    I do think you will get abit of pushback for charging for this feature but as a simple user I just wanna say that it’s totally reasonable as long as it’s a one time fee for private users like me, not actual businesses.
    I run a game on my pc that has to be monitored constantly troughout the day and it’s such a great thing that I don’t need to go into my office everytime. Just whip out my phone and connect. I hope the password is remembered so you don’t have to keep putting it in tho.
    Will be buying a license later when I’m home.

Hi @rouven,
    Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
    Once you input the password in the client, it will be remembered for future connections; you won’t have to input it every time you connect. unless, if you change the password on the server, the client will prompt you for the new password.

正在查看 7 个帖子:1-6 (共 6 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。