Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Running Spacedesk on Raspberry Pi 4

正在查看 7 个帖子:1-6 (共 6 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    JohnVella
    参与者

Hi,

I’ve got a 4th generation iPad, which I want to use as a second monitor.

I tried using my Spacedesk on my laptop, which runs Windows 11, as a first test, and that worked great, however…

I would really like to be able to use my Raspberry Pi 4 and, in an ideal world, connect the iPad via USB. The USB part is not vital, but it would be nice, as I wouldn’t rely on WiFi too use the iPad.

I can install Windows 11 or Android on the Pi, as well as Linux, but I was wondering whether anybody here had tried it, and if so, did it work?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Edit to add: I want to run Microsoft office, and there won’t be any gaming and minimal web browsing so speed shouldn’t be an issue.

• 该话题由JohnVella 于 4月、 3周前 修正。

Hi @johnvella,
    We haven’t tested this kind of setup with spacedesk. also, it seems like Raspberry Pi 4 is running on an ARM-based processor, current spacedesk Windows Driver and Viewers (except HTML5 viewer) don’t support ARM-based processors yet. so this setup might not work for now.

JohnVella
    参与者

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, that’s disappointing, but not entirely unexpected, so I guess it’s on to plan B!

I’m thinking about installing Virtualbox on Linux, then installing Windows as a virtual OS, and putting Spacedesk on that.

Aside from the fact that it will probably be dog slow, can anybody see a fatal flaw in my plan?

Or, as an alternative, should plan B fail, do we collectively know of an alternative to Spacedesk *gasp* that runs on the Raspberry Pi?

I will ask the question on the Pi forum as well, just to cover my bases.

Thanks again,

John.

JohnVella
    参与者

I can’t see the option to edit my reply, so I’ll update by saying that I’ll probably have to use Qemu, or something similar, as Virtualbox won’t run on the Pi.

Hi @johnvella,
    Qemu is ARM-based too. this setup is not possible.
    you can only use your Raspberry Pi and Linux as a client via HTML5 viewer

JohnVella
    参与者

I’ll look into that, thanks. I do actually have a plan c, which I know will work… I have an Intel Computer Stick, which runs Windows 10 using an Atom processor, I think. That’ll work!

Hi @johnvella,
    That sounds cool! please let us know the result as well.
    We look forward to your feedback!

正在查看 7 个帖子:1-6 (共 6 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。