Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Preserve USB settings when updating software

正在查看 6 个帖子:1-5 (共 5 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    dougw03
    参与者

Hello, I use SpaceDesk on my work PC which has a lot of controls by the company’s IT. The company uses a piece of software which does not allow .cmd programs to run without IT’s permission. When I update my spacedesk console, the USB Cable Driver toggles “OFF” by default even though it was ON before. In order to toggle it ON, a program called “usbsettings.cmd” needs to be run which requires IT escalation. I don’t need IT permissions to run the .msi installer but I do need it for this. Therefore, is there anyway that spacedesk can preserve the USB cable setting when performing an upgrade? I fear my company’s IT will get frustrated with my requests every time I need to do a server update. The same applies for turning on videowall and I’m sure any other feature which runs a CMD in the background.

Hi @dougw03,
    Thank you very much for the input.
    This needs to be discussed with the spacedesk team. we will get back to you as soon as possible.

dougw03
    参与者

Thanks Christian. Or perhaps can you implement the USB cable driver toggle in a way that does not leverage the command line? Perhaps you can install the driver when I run the msi installation and then have the GUI toggle enable the support without running a command line script? Thanks again

Hi @dougw03,
    We have released a new spacedesk Driver v2110 on the website.
    please try it and let us know if it solves your problem.
    looking forward to your feedback!

dougw03
    参与者

Hello @spacedesk Christian, I wanted to report back that the new feature works great and I no longer get prompted by the IT application to enable USB. Thank you for the prompt resolution on this. This will save me a lot of headaches when I need to upgrade in the future.

Hi @dougw03,
    No problem, Glad it worked out for you!
    We will now close this topic. In case you encounter any spacedesk-related issues, just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist you.

正在查看 6 个帖子:1-5 (共 5 个帖子)
  • 话题“Preserve USB settings when updating software”已关闭,不接受新回复。