Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Just a Virtual Monitor.

正在查看 3 个帖子:1-2 (共 2 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    Juriy
    参与者

Hello! I have a laptop with an external monitor connected in extended screen mode via a KVM switch. I also have a desktop computer. When I switch the KVM switch from the laptop to the desktop, the external monitor on the laptop disconnects, and all window settings reset. I asked ChatGPT how to fix this, and it recommended creating a virtual monitor using SpaceDesk, so when switching the KVM switch, the screen on the laptop wouldn’t disappear.

The advice worked, and it’s really cool. But to keep everything working, I need to run the viewer on the desktop and keep the window minimized. Additionally, the server part keeps making sounds about losing connection. All of this spoils the overall experience.

Is there a way to simply create a virtual monitor without connections or anything else? I would like to have just a button that says “create a virtual monitor.”

spacedesk Nicole
    管理员

Hi @juriy,

we do not have such option but you can achieve quite a similar setup with the following steps:
    1. Open spacedesk Driver Console.
    2. Navigate to Control on the left pane. On the right pane, input value -1 in Connection close delay and press Enter key. Please refer to the screenshot attached.

Connection close delay setting will only take effect after manually disconnecting the viewer app.
    The display will stay plugged up to N seconds/hours/etc. Value -1 means infinite.
    The display can be unplugged when spacedesk Driver is switched OFF or upon primary machine shutdown/restart.

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。
    Juriy
    参与者

Super! This is what we need, thank you very much.

正在查看 3 个帖子:1-2 (共 2 个帖子)
  • 话题“Just a Virtual Monitor.”已关闭,不接受新回复。