Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Image is stretched to aspect ration of iPad when mirroring on Windows 11

正在查看 14 个帖子:1-13 (共 13 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    tipek360
    参与者

Hello,
    when I use spacedesk to connect my iPad as mirrored screen of main screen image is stretched to aspect ratio of iPad even though I set 1920×1080 for screen mirroring. Currently running iPadOS 15.3 on iPad Air 4th Gen and Windows 11 on laptop. This looks like some collision between spacedesk and Windows 11 because on Windows 10 machines it works just fine.

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。
    tipek360
    参与者

Can somebody confirm if this happens on their devices, because I want to know if this is just my issue or it’s bug in spacedesk.

Edit: just tested this using my android phone and it also happens on it so it looks like spacedesk bug

• 该回复由tipek360 于 2年、 7月前 修正。原因: Added information about testing on my phone
    spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @tipek360,
    In case of mirroring your primary monitor to spacedesk viewer, you can try this on your spacedesk iOS Viewer Settings -> Resolution, enable the “Use custom resolution” and select 1920×1080, then disable the “Use native iOS device resolution”.

tipek360
    参与者

@lea Already tried that and the image is still stretched.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @tipek360,
    I see..
    Did you check if the 1920×1080 in the custom resolution list has * marked on it?
    If it’s not marked, then this resolution does not match the iPad screen’s aspect ratio and will result to stretched screen.

tipek360
    参与者

@lea Yes, 1920×1080 was marked. As I already said I this looks like some kind of conflict between Windows 11 and Spacedesk, because on Windows 10 it was working just fine, I even tried it one more on computer with Windows 10 before posting this issue since it was working fine with Windows 10 i then tried it once more on Windows 11 and you guessed it image was stretched again.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Can you try with other marked custom resolution (e.g. 1600×1200, is it marked?)

tipek360
    参与者

Yes, it’s still stretched, just tested it with 1920×1200.

tipek360
    参与者

Oh I read your message about marked resolutions with stars wrong before I replied none of resolutions are marked with *

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Ok, then please try any custom resolution in the list with * marked on it.

tipek360
    参与者

None of resolutions in the list are marked with *

tipek360
    参与者

I wouldn’t mind if 16:9 resolutions would just have black bars so the image is not stretched that’s how it behaves when spacedesk server software is running on Windows 10. BTW my iPads native resolution is 2360×1640 and acording to Aspect Ratio Calculator it has 59:41 aspect ratio.

tipek360
    参与者

@lea Here is o video of me scrolling through all available resolutions in spacedesk on iPadOS https://gfycat.com/apprehensiveanimatedamericantoad

tipek360
    参与者

Well it looks like i can send links to other image hosting which don’t have such restrictive file size as this forums but I’m unable to do so I have to write it with very compressed images. Because it looks like my older post weren’t added.

This issue still persists in latest version of spacedesk.
    This is screenshot from iPad when connected to computer with Windows 10 using spacedesk: Win10.jpg
    This is screenshot from iPad when connected to computer with Windows 11 using spacedesk: Win11.jpg
    Both screenshots were made using settings of spacedesk client with custom resolution set to 1920×1080 but only on Windows 10 it looks like it should

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。
正在查看 14 个帖子:1-13 (共 13 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。