Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Direct USB cable connection not working (Galaxy Tab S6)

正在查看 9 个帖子:1-8 (共 8 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子

Hi,
    I am using my Galaxy Tab S6 lite as a second monitor. Spacedesk works fine with LAN/WiFi connection, but my WiFi is too slow to enable me to use the second monitor properly, even with a reduced image quality.

I then tried to set up a connection via USB, but nothing is working.

I tried activating USB debugging in the Developer options and it did nothing.

Some sources I found seemed to explain that I should put the tablet in media sharing mode, but I didn’t find any option to do that or any popup to allow file sharing.

So I simply cannot detect my primary machine via USB.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @spacedeskuser10092Hi @spacedeskuser10092,
    First, please try to disable the USB debugging in the developer option. There are some cases in some devices that USB debugging prevent spacedesk USB connection from working.

Please make sure to enable the Android USB cable in spacedesk Driver Console window. Upon plugging the USB cable, spacedesk viewer should run automatically and connect.
    For assistance, please refer to the chapter “CONNECTING A NEW DISPLAY MONITOR OVER THE USB CABLE -> Direct USB Cable Connection (Android only)” in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/#item_11689.

If it still did not work, please open on your Android device’s settings, and find the setting for default USB configuration (or something similar to it) and select the File transfer/sharing mode.
    Maybe you can search for the keyword “USB” if you don’t know where this setting is located..

Hi,
    Thank you for your answer.

I found the default USB configuration and set it to file transfer, but still get nothing (and turned off USB debugging).

I can’t even see the tab S6 lite in my file explorer. I guess it has something to do with the tab S6 lite itself.

Do you know of anyone who made it work with the current OS?

Cheers.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @spacedeskuser10092,
    What is the current Android version of your tablet device?

When you plugged the Android USB cable, did you see the “spacedesk Android USB Device” in Device Manager (just run devmgmt.msc) underneath “Universal Serial Bus devices”? Or did it show the default name of your Android Tablet’s USB device?

Can you please quickly try to switch Android USB Cable to OFF in spacedesk Driver Console > Reboot your PC and restart your Android device. Check if your machine can now recognize your Android device and switch back the Android USB Cable to ON.

Hi,

The current Android version I have is 13.

In Device Manager, I don’t see anything different when plugging or unplugging my tablet. The tablet is simply charging, event tho the default USB setting is set to file transfer.

I tried deactivating the USB on the Spacedesk Driver Console and restarting everything, and nothing has changed.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @spacedeskuser10092,
    Can you quickly try plugging the Android USB cable on other USB port in your PC?

Hi,

I tried it and no matter the USB port it doesn’t make a difference.

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T460s.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Are you using a USB Hub or directly plugging to the PC’s USB port?

Directly plugging in a USB port.

I do have a USB Hub to connect other devices.

Even tho, I tried with nothing else connected to the computer and still get the same result.

正在查看 9 个帖子:1-8 (共 8 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。