Forum 论坛 spacedesk Discussions Connected but showing only desktop backgound

正在查看 9 个帖子:1-8 (共 8 个帖子)
  • 作者
    帖子
    guenterz
    参与者

Hi, connecting an older Win10 notebook to a modern android tablet or android smartphone, the tablet only displays an empty windows desktop, without any icons. I’ve updated Win10 to the actual version, but this didn’t help. What might be the reason? Thanks for any hint.
    guenter

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @guenterz,

It seems like it’s in desktop extension mode.
    Do you prefer to use spacedesk display for desktop duplication/mirroring?
    If yes, you only have to switch the desktop mode to duplicate/mirror mode via Windows Display Settings or via Display switch (Window key + P) hotkey.
    For assistance, please refer to Configuration and Settings -> Windows Driver (Primary Machine) chapter in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/#item_470.

guenterz
    参与者

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I’d like to duplicate the display of my notebook to an Lenovo Android tablet. But unfortunately your suggestion didn’t solve the problem, nor could I find any other helpful hint in the user-manual.
    To avoid misunderstandings: notebook and tablet are connected via Wifi, but the tablet’s screen only mirrors the background of the tabelet`s desktop without the icons, nor the any open windows on this desktop. But it shows the notebook’s mouse position – rather strange.

spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @guenterz,

So switching to desktop duplication mode does not work?
    Did you check the display settings window? Did you see and extension display? Are you sure that you tried switching the desktop mode/multiple displays to “Duplicate..”?

For further analysis, could you please open the spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics -> click “Save All Information”.
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

guenterz
    参与者

Hi Lea,
    thanks again. The desktop mode indeed is set to “Duplicate”, but the notebooks desktop is not displayer on the tablet, The tablet shows nothing but the notebooks Desktop backgound.
    Attached please find the diagnostic zip.

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @guenterz,

Thanks for sending your diagnostic logs.
    Based on your spacedeskDiag file, you have an old version of Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 driver.
    Driver date: 10.07.2015
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.3

Desktop duplication of primary monitor to other displays is not supported/ disabled in Windows display settings of Windows 10 with old version of graphics adapter (with less than WDDM 2.0).
    Please try to download the latest driver version from its official website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html.

guenterz
    参与者

Hi Lea,
    following your proposal I’ve updated the Intel graphics adapter, but spacedesk still didn’t work as it should (and as it works with another PC and the same tablet). Attached please find the actual diagnostic zip file.
    Another observation, however, may help to identify the source of the problem.
    Pressing Win+P during active connection, indeed shows that the “extension” mode is active (as you assumed in an earlier post). Switching to the “Duplicate” mode, however, results in a black second screen, as if I had selected the first mode “PC screen only”. The other 2 modes (“extension” and “second screen only”) work as expected.
    What might be the reason that the option “Duplicate” doesn’t work? Is any setting of the Windows system wrong?
    Thanks for your patience!

guenterz
    参与者

continued: Since the entire zip file exceeds allowed file size, here just the spacedeskDiag.txt which indicates that the intel upgrade didn’t change the WDDM value: it is still at 1.3 🙁

附件:
    您需要登录才能查看附件。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理员

Hi @guenterz,
    Based on your spacedeskDiag info, your Intel Graphics Adapter remains WDDM 1.3 version even after updating to latest version.
    Desktop duplication remains disabled/unsupported in your Windows primary PC.

It seems that this Intel graphics adapter is already an old graphics driver (last driver version released on 2020) and cannot be updated any further.

In this case, we cannot do anything about it unless you upgrade your graphics card to a newer model.

正在查看 9 个帖子:1-8 (共 8 个帖子)
  • 哎呀,回复话题必需登录。