Forum 討論群 spacedesk Discussions “Fixed” virtual displays

正在檢視 4 篇文章 - 1 至 3 (共計 3 篇)
  • 作者
    文章
    ML6
    參與者

Hello, new potential user here!

I have fooled around with this software at home and I’m quite liking what I’m seeing and how it behaves. However, I have maybe little bit specific use case in mind and as far as I understand this software does not quite do what I’d like it to do.

As I see, on primary machine the virtual display is created when the secondary machine connects to the primary machine and they stop existing when secondary machine disconnects. What I’m looking for is that I can create “fixed” virtual displays that would stay on primary machine while the secondary machines are turned off. Also when secondary machine is connected to the primary machine, this secondary machine would without extra steps (preferably automatically when app is started) connect to whatever virtual display it was previously assigned to.

What I’m after would be to have these virtual displays / android tablets to show specific piece of software as soon as they are started, ideally with user not having to do any sort of configuration.

Is there any hope to do something like this with Spacedesk or should I look elsewhere?

aliali
    參與者

Hello,
    Hope you are well.
    I am not sure I understand correctly what you want, but in case of attaching windows tablets to pcs or laptops (through LAN cable), you can try changing the spacedesk viewer setting (found on upper right before connecting both machines) to automatic connection and identifying the IPS address (or addresses) manually. This way, the secondary machine will automatically connect to the main unit each time they are connected together by the cable or through a specific IP address.

Hope this may be of any help
    Best regards,
    Ali

spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Hi @ml6,

You can try 2 things:

1. You can try to connect a virtual display without secondary machine connected using local host connection via HTML5 Viewer
    Just open a web browser on your primary machine (e.g. Google Chrome, MS Edge), then go to http://viewer.spacedesk.net/ and connect to your local machine’s IP address.
    Please take note that only 1 connection is allowed when using spacedesk HTML5 Viewer.

2. Enable Videowall and set the Videowall Disconnect Delay to -1 (equivalent to infinite) in spacedesk Driver Console Window.
    With disconnect delay set to infinite, it will not unplug the virtual display in your primary machine even after disconnecting the viewer app in your secondary machine. It will only unplug upon spacedesk server switch (OFF-ON) or machine reboot.

Then after setting up a fixed virtual display, you can manually move or put a specific software in the display, then it will stay there until the display unplugs.

ML6
    參與者

Thank you Lea, your second suggestion sounds pretty much what I’m after. I’ll try it out.

正在檢視 4 篇文章 - 1 至 3 (共計 3 篇)
  • 主題「“Fixed” virtual displays」 已關閉,不允許發佈新回覆。