Forum 討論群 spacedesk Discussions Error installing Spacedesk Windows driver

正在檢視 11 篇文章 - 1 至 10 (共計 10 篇)
  • 作者
    文章
    Janichols
    參與者

Spacedesk has worked in the past. Cannot update current driver. I’ve attached the Zip folder with the following files:
    DxDiag.txt, DxDiag2.txt (display info if needed), setupapi.dev.log and spacedeskSetup.log as requested from other forum entries.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    Janichols
    參與者

Thank you very much for sending the logs.
    Based on the logs, you are trying to install an old spacedesk Driver version 0987.
    Could you please try with the most recent spacedesk Driver (v1037) which is available on the website https://forum.spacedesk.net#download.

I would install the most recent driver but as the title says, I cannot update the current driver. I get an error message which then rolls back the driver to the previous one. I’m not TRYING to install the old driver.

spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Hi @janichols,

Thank you very much for sending the logs. We are currently analyzing it.
    For further analysis, could you please download and extract the zip file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqayx759wdwmye2/msi_trace.zip?dl=0
    Inside the folder, please copy the most recent spacedesk MSI installer (v1.0.37) then run the get_trace.bat script file.
    The script will execute the msi installer (to reproduce the installation error) and will automatically generate a spacedeskmsi_trace.txt file, then please send the file to us after executing the failed msi installer.

Janichols
    參與者

Thank you very much for sending the logs. We are currently analyzing it.
    For further analysis, could you please download and extract the zip file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqayx759wdwmye2/msi_trace.zip?dl=0
    Inside the folder, please copy the most recent spacedesk MSI installer (v1.0.37) then run the get_trace.bat script file.
    The script will execute the msi installer (to reproduce the installation error) and will automatically generate a spacedeskmsi_trace.txt file, then please send the file to us after executing the failed msi installer.

There was no msi installer in the folder, only the BAT file to run the script.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    Janichols
    參與者

I downloaded spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1037_BETA (1).msi and put it in the folder, ran the BAT and it produced the following:
    spacedeskmsi_trace.txt

=== Verbose logging started: 3/8/2022 9:20:22 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 5.00.10011.00 Calling process: C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe ===
    MSI (c) (E8:FC) [09:20:22:717]: Font created. Charset: Req=0, Ret=0, Font: Req=MS Shell Dlg, Ret=MS Shell Dlg

MSI (c) (E8:FC) [09:20:22:717]: Font created. Charset: Req=0, Ret=0, Font: Req=MS Shell Dlg, Ret=MS Shell Dlg

MSI (c) (E8:BC) [09:20:22:752]: Resetting cached policy values
    MSI (c) (E8:BC) [09:20:22:752]: Machine policy value ‘Debug’ is 0
    MSI (c) (E8:BC) [09:20:22:752]: ******* RunEngine:
    ******* Product: C:\Users\janic\Downloads\msi_trace\msi_trace\\spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1037_BETA.msi
    ******* Action:
    ******* CommandLine: **********
    MSI (c) (E8:BC) [09:20:22:755]: Note: 1: 2203 2: C:\Users\janic\Downloads\msi_trace\msi_trace\\spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1037_BETA.msi 3: -2147287038
    MSI (c) (E8:BC) [09:20:22:757]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
    === Verbose logging stopped: 3/8/2022 9:20:22 ===

spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Please rename the msi file name from “spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1037_BETA (1).msi” to “spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v1037_BETA.msi”, then try again with the script.

Janichols
    參與者

Attached Trace file

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Thank you very much for sending the log file. We are currently analyzing it. Can you please also send us the updated C:\Users\Public\spacedeskSetup.log and C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log too?

spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Hi @janichols,

Can you please download the Microsoft Troubleshooter program here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Run the “MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab”, select Uninstalling.
    If “spacedesk Windows DRIVER” is not on the program list, just select “Not Listed” then paste the product code of spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v0987_BETA.msi here: {CE7DC976-85B4-45B2-BDEB-A2C7B5BCA18F}

After that, please reboot your primary machine then try again to install the latest spacedesk msi installer from the website.

By the way, do you have third party antivirus software currently active on your primary machine?

spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Hi @janichols,
    If the suggestion above did not help, please try the instructions we have sent you on your registered email.

Janichols
    參與者

Running the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab removed the old driver which was blocking the installation. Current driver has been installed and is working great.
    Thanks for the help, I’ll remember the Microsoft Install and Uninstall app in the future.

正在檢視 11 篇文章 - 1 至 10 (共計 10 篇)
  • 主題「Error installing Spacedesk Windows driver」 已關閉,不允許發佈新回覆。