Forum 討論群 spacedesk Discussions Cannot Detect Primary Machine

正在檢視 6 篇文章 - 1 至 5 (共計 5 篇)
  • 作者
    文章
    spacedeskuser
    參與者

I am running Windows 11 for the driver console and Android 10 for the viewer. Recently, the viewer has been unable to detect the primary machine and I am unable to manually add an IP address (keeps saying IP-validation in progress). On the driver console, there is no incompatible software and with the 3rd party firewall products, I have added an exception as directed for AVG and McAfee. I’m not sure what else I need to do in order to connect the viewer. This just happened recently with no other changes made to my computer. Please advise. Thank you!

mango404
    參與者

I´m dealing with the same issue. Added exception to AVG and McAffe, turned McAffe VPN off and deactivated Nvidia Shadowplay and i still cannot find the primary device.

spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Could you please check the following:
    – Check if spacedeskService is running / Server status is ON in the Console window.
    – Are both primary machine secondary device connected on local area network?
    – Can you try to ping the IP address of your secondary machine from your primary machine and vice versa?
    To check if both machines are reachable to each other.
    – What is the current Network Profile on your primary machine, is it Public or Private?
    You can see it on Windows Settings -> Network & Internet -> Properties.

For analysis, please send us the diagnostic files on your primary machine.
    Just open the spacedesk Driver Console -> Diagnostics -> Save All Information, then send us the whole diagnostic folder.
    Just right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

spacedeskuser
    參與者

Yes, spacedesk Status is on.
    Both primary and secondary machines are on the same wifi.
    I was able to connect both devices via Bluetooth as well as ping them both separately.
    My network profile type is public.

附加檔案:
    你必須 登入 才能查看附件檔案。
    spacedesk Lea
    管理員

Hi @spacedeskuser,
    Thanks for the feedback.

Can you quickly try to switch the network profile to Private then check if it will help?

Just to verify, did you try to add spacedeskService on your McAfee Firewall?
    Similar to this https://forum.spacedesk.netforums/topic/add-spacedesk-to-mcafee/

spacedeskuser
    參與者

Oh my gosh… that totally fixed the issue and I’m able to connect the 2nd monitor again. It’s always the simplest solution right? HAHAH. Thank you so much for your help and walking me through this!!

正在檢視 6 篇文章 - 1 至 5 (共計 5 篇)
  • 主題「Cannot Detect Primary Machine」 已關閉,不允許發佈新回覆。