Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions UWP Viewer Crash

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dougw03
    Participant

Hi Christian, I don’t understand why my posts keep getting rejected. This is pretty frustrating. I’ve attached a screenshot of my response again here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dougw03
    Participant

Hi Christian, FYI the viewer app crashed again this morning. This time I unplugged my server PC, used it for about an hour then it went into hibernation mode, plugged it back in to thunderbolt dock (with ethernet crossover) and it booted up. On the client PC, it was on the auto-reconnect screen then when the server finally loaded, the client crashed and I had to reopen the viewer UWP app. It auto reconnected and everything worked as expected.

Hi @dougw03,

We moved this UWP viewer crash issue from the original thread to avoid confusion.
    To give you an update, we were able to reproduce a similar issue with this UWP viewer crash and will continue to investigate further if it is the same crash that is happening to you. We will inform you of its progress or if a fix has been made available for this issue.

dougw03
    Participant

Thanks Christian. Please keep me posted on this issue. It’s happening pretty frequently now.

Hi @dougw03,
    We have just released a new spacedesk UWP viewer that contains a potential fix for this issue in the Microsoft Store. Please update your viewer and let us know if it resolves the issue.
    We look forward to your feedback.

dougw03
    Participant

Hi Christian, I used the new version today and so far no crashes. The only thing I wanted to report back is on an issue when the server and client both go to sleep. I wake up the server then go to wake up the client and this is normally when the UWP viewer would crash. Now instead of crashing it just shows DISPLAY OFF and is stuck on a black screen. The only way to get the display to reconnect is to restart the viewer app. Let me know if you’re able to reproduce this issue.

Hi @dougw03,

Thank you for your feedback we will be checking this and update you again on the progress.
    In the meantime, please try to wait a couple of minutes and see if the viewer will recover its connection.
    you can also try to take control of the viewer by clicking inside the window and observe if the connection will re-establish.

Hi @dougw03,

A new UWP viewer has been released in the Microsoft Store. It includes a potential fix for the app hang upon power resume, also check if the viewer is still getting stuck in black screen upon waking it up.
    Looking forward to your feedback!

dougw03
    Participant

Hi Christian, so far it seems to be working well, thanks!

One unrelated issue is I noticed that when I disconnect from the crossover cable, my host monitor still shows the client as being connected. Is this because we set the disconnect delay to -1 due to the earlier timeout issues I was mentioning with the UWP app when it is minimized? This can make things a bit challenging because I have to manually disconnect my monitor every time I am away from my home setup.

Hi @dougw03,

Yes, indeed. -1 is equivalent to infinite which means your client display will not disconnect until the primary machine reboots. you could try setting your own limit (the default is 45 seconds) to make your client disconnect after the specific time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.