Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Store App Viewer Memory Leakage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gautthntemp
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using the Windows Store App Spacedesk Viewer on my setup. And after 8 hours usage, the memory usage report in task manager is now around 1600MB

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by gautthntemp.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @gautthntempgmail-com,
    Thanks for reporting this issue. We will check and try to reproduce it on our side.

In the meantime, we have a few questions:
    Does it have a continuous screen update during the 8-hours connectivity?
    What is the current screen resolution of the viewer app?

Can you please try the spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer (Desktop version 0.9.41) and check if you also encounter the memory leak.
    You can download it from our website https://forum.spacedesk.net#download.

gautthntemp
    Participant

I have it run continuously on my laptop as extra screen for my desktop. I did have any issues getting image. But I did lock my desktop/laptop during those time and screen turn black. Normal native 1920x1080p resolution. I did have win 7 viewer app from website install but I do not like the image quality on same setting and the so easly keep rotation.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

We are currently trying to reproduce the memory leak on our side. So far after a few hours of connectivity, the memory load of the viewer app is still stable (always less then 100MB and not increasing).

For further analysis, please send us the dxdiag info of your secondary machine where the memory leak occurs.
    Just run dxdiag.exe, click “Save All Information” then send us the output file (dxdiag.txt).

As for the Windows 7 Viewer app:
    – image quality can be set the same as Windows 10 Viewer app in Settings -> Compression quality -> Color depth, set to High color quality (YUV 4:4:4)
    – if it keeps rotating, you can easily reset the screen position by clicking the black portion/non screen area of the viewer app

gautthntemp
    Participant

Also I have other issue. In Full Screen mode, could you make so other app can show on top and the Viewer would not disappear complete. Or switch to behave like windows without border instead of full screen. The Viewer keeps disconnecting when the app lose focus or not visible in Full screen mode.

So in my setup earlier, I have 4 physical connected not moveable Monitors to their machines but I would like to use left 2 for Machine 1, and right 2 for Machine 2
    -Machine 2–|-Machine 1
    [Monitor 1]-|-[Monitor 1][Monitor 2][Montor 3]

But I want setup
    -Machine 1———–|-Machine 2
    [Screen 1][Screen 2] |[Screen 1][Screen 2]
    [Viewer 1]———–|[Viewer 2][Viewer 3]
    So Machine 2 connected to Machine 1 for Viewer 1. And Machine 1 connected to Machine 2 for Viwer 2 and 3
    So there is a crossover. I am not sure if that contribution anything?
    850G85C… is machine 1, …58x is machine 2

I am trying to recreate the condition, but I do not see that leakage again

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by gautthntemp.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info.
    The viewer disconnect if in the background is a known issue and will be fixed soon.

As for your desired setup, you can connect spacedesk viewers on both of your machines and just arrange the display positions according to your desired setup via Windows displays settings.

And for the memory leak, we still cannot reproduce the same issue here. In case it happens again on your side, just let us know.

gautthntemp
    Participant

Oh, I mean above was my setup. I am not sure if that cause it or not as I did not see the leakage anymore

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.