Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Spacedesk stopped working since yesterday

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    blechtopf
    Participant

Hi all,

Summary: SD stopped working a day ago. No config or software change.

Server: Win10 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889
    SD Driver: BETA RC Version 1.0.46
    Secondary device: iPad Pro, SD app version 1.0.44

Issue: I can connect the secondary device to the server, it all _seems_ connected. I see an active connection in the SD console, with the right device name and the IP address. However on the secondary device, the screen stays black, with a message stating: “Connected – Display OFF”. In Windows, I open the display settings, I cannot detect another screen.

I attached the logs i gathered from the console.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @blechtopf,

Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.

It seems that you have a Virtual Desktop (from https://www.vrdesktop.net/) installed in your primary machine.
    This software seems to have incompatibility issue with spacedesk.
    We were able to reproduce the same Display Off issue after installing the Virtual Desktop then reboot.

Please try this workaround steps to make it work with spacedesk:
    – open device manager in your primary machine
    – go to Display adapters and right-click Enable device the “Virtual Desktop Monitor”
    – open spacedek Driver Console then switch the spacedesk SERVER OFF-ON

If the steps above did not help, the only option is to uninstall the Virtual Desktop app then reboot your primary machine.

blechtopf
    Participant

Hi Lea,

Thanks for the quick response.

The workaround worked perfectly! iPad is showing up as a second monitor again, even all the old settings are still there.

In hindsight: i do remember now that i updated the Virtual Desktop software last week. I guess the incompatibility was introduced with the new version.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome!
    blechtopf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Spacedesk stopped working since yesterday’ is closed to new replies.