Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Spacedesk no longer connecting between PC and Android despite proper setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    harald
    Participant

Hi,

Spacedesk did work for me, but for some reason, I doesn’t anymore.
    I reinstalled the most recent version on both PC and Android device. I tried connecting automatically and manually. I double-checked that both devices are within the same WiFi (they can both successfully ping each other). I tried also cable connection. Like in the setup doc I enabled Firewall communication (domain, private, public) for spacedeskService and also spacedeskConsole.

I don’t know what I can do. I have a second PC that works perfectly fine with the Android device (however, the 2nd one is not always available), so I guess, it’s something with the PC.

Thanks for your help

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @harald,

can the Android viewer app discover the spacedesk primary machine?
    Have you tried to switch spacedesk Driver to OFF then ON in the spacedesk Driver Console?
    In case it did not help, please send us the diagnostics to further analyze the problem.
    Open spacedesk Driver Console and go to Diagnostics.
    Follow the collection steps and send us the zipped folder.
    In case the folder exceeds 512KB, upload it in Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive/etc. and send us a download link.

harald
    Participant

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your quick response!
    The Android viewer app can’t discover the spacedesk primary machine of the issued laptop. However, if I change the primary machine to the other laptop I mentioned, this one’s found.
    Yes, I tried switching the Driver OFF and ON again several times without showing any difference.
    Here’s the diagnostics: https://seafile.buhl.de/f/69a6fc9aa9a240c7a55b/
    I tried to connect the viewer via primary machine (both IP address and name) and manually to the IP of the two available Network adapters that are shown in my console (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz & Check Point Virtual Network Adapter For Endpoint VPN) as well as via USB Cable Driver Android without any success.

Thank you very much for your help!

spacedesk Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi @harald,

thank you for the diagnostics.
    It listed four antivirus software and two firewalls. Is spacedeskService allowed on all firewalls?
    The network profile Vodafone-FAD4 has ‘Public’ category. Could you please try to switch it to private?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.