Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Spacedesk driver console not working and “Connected – Display OFF” on Viewer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wulf
    Participant

I just installed Spacedesk for the first time and my Android I am using as a second screen managed to detect the server and connect, however it displays “Connected – Display OFF” and a black screen. I am also unable to open the Spacedesk driver Console, it appears in the task manager for a few seconds before it disappears, with no popup or anything like that at all.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @wulf,

Could you please send us the current .NET Framework version of your primary machine.
    Just run the Windows PowerShell as Administrator then type the command:

Get-ChildItem ‘HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP’ -Recurse | Get-ItemProperty -Name version -EA 0 | Where { $_.PSChildName -Match ‘^(?!S)\p{L}’} | Select PSChildName, version

Then press the Enter send us the result via txt file or screenshot.
    Please check this link for reference: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-quickly-check-net-framework-version-windows-10

Could you also please send us the following for further analysis:
    – Dxdiag.txt file – just run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click “Save All Information”
    – C:\Users\Public\spacedeskSetup.log file

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

For assistance, you can also check the Troubleshooting -> Windows PC (Primary Machine) chapter in the user manual https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/.

Wulf
    Participant

Alright, I tried to install .NET Framework and it said I already had it installed. Spacedesk is still not working.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @wulf,

Thank you very much for sending the requested logs.

For the spacedesk Console app issue, we will release a potential fix for this issue in the next version.

For the display off issue, could you please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/okjvl3v4g8xmknq/2022_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

The folder contains spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it, then run as administrator.
    On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for the issue to happen), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
    After the script is done, a folder will be created in the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
    Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

Wulf
    Participant

Hey I tried to run the script and it did run, however I got the error

ERROR:
    Description = Invalid namespace
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
    Created folder "C:\Users\lavac\Downloads\--_~8,2dt:~10,2dt:~12,2--\"

followed by the error repeatedly,

STEP 11: Copying log files
    File creation error - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Unable to create directory - C:\Users\lavac\Downloads\--_~8,2dt:~10,2dt:~12,2--
    0 File(s) copied
    File creation error - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

0 File(s) copied
    File not found - spacedesk_logs
    0 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied

0 File(s) copied
    File spacedeskregistry.txt already exists. Overwrite (Yes/No)?

There was no folder created and no txt files or such anywhere in the folder or on my PC.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @wulf,
    Please try this modified version of the script here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrreareb96quvnr/2022_spacedeskDiagnosticTool_v2.zip?dl=0
    Same instructions above, this time the script should create “spacedeskDiagnostics” folder.

Wulf
    Participant

Thanks for the quick responses, uploaded the .zip file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @wulf,
    Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.

Upon checking the logs, we cannot find any indications that could cause a display off/black screen issue on spacedesk server.
    Could you please check/verify the following:
    1. Please check your display settings window if you can find a detached second display while viewer is showing display off.
    2. Are you connecting over the wifi network? Is the connection fast/stable/reliable?
    Maybe the network is slow and causes a delay in the transmission of screen update over the wireless network and you just have to wait for a while for the viewer to show the screen update?
    3. Maybe something in your AMD Radeon software settings. Can you please check in your Radeon Software settings -> Preferences -> In-game overlay, if it’s disabled? OR maybe check the other Graphics settings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.