Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions spacedesk driver adapter

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    password23
    Participant

I’ve looked into the user manual and saw that my spacedesk driver adapter isn’t installing
    I’ve repaired and uninstalled and reinstalled spacedesk multiple times and I don’t know whats wrong.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,

If the spacedesk Driver installer finished successfully, then the spacedesk Graphics adapter should be pre-installed.
    spacedesk Graphics Adapter in device manager will be plugged upon first successful client/viewer connect.

Did you try to connect a spacedesk viewer app?

password23
    Participant

I’ve tried connecting to a spacedesk viewer app, manually adding the ip without the discovery, it comes up with the error “unable to connect!”
    I’ve tried connecting with the lan/wifi and it says it cannot detect and primary machines.
    I’ve also tried connecting manually, with the discovery and it just keeps on saying Ip-validation in progress.
    I dont think my wifi is the problem

I still think its the adapters problem because it still isn’t installing after i repair it or uninstalling and installing compltely.
    Is the adapter hidden until I connect successfully to a viewer?

password23
    Participant

would it be possible to send me a download link for only the spacedesk graphics adapter

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,

Yes, the adapter is hidden until you connect successfully to a viewer.

Download link for only spacedesk Graphics Adapter is not possible. All spacedesk drivers are bundled in one installer package.

It seems that the problem is in network discovery.

Could you please check the following:
    – Do you have third-party firewall/antivirus software?
    If yes, please make sure that spacedesk/spacedeskService is in the exception list for incoming and outgoing connection.
    – Is your current network profile Private or Public? If it’s Public, please switch to Private.
    – Is client/WiFi isolation enabled in your Wireless router settings?
    If yes, please disable it. This setting prevents direct communication between connected computers/devices.

For further assistance, please refer to the Troubleshooting – Network Connection chapter in the user manual.
    https://forum.spacedesk.netuser-manual/

If the suggestions above did not help, could you please send us the diagnostic logs of your primary machine.
    Just open the spacedesk Driver Console by clicking the spacedesk tray icon in the task bar or by start menu then search.
    Go to Diagnostics and click Save All Information button.
    PS: Saving all information will take a few seconds, then please send us the whole folder which contains all the diagnostic logs collected.
    Please right-click the folder -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file in your next reply.

password23
    Participant

file here

password23
    Participant

heres the files

Attachments:
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,

Thank you very much for sending the diagnostic logs.
    Based on the logs, you don’t have third party firewall software on your primary machine, and your current network profile is already Private.
    Did you already check if your wireless router has client/wifi isolation enabled?

By the way, what is your secondary machine / viewer app? Android/iOS/Windows?
    Is it connected in the same wifi network as your primary machine?

password23
    Participant

my secondary machine is a chromebook
    it is connected to the same wifi network

i don’t think my wireless router has the option of client/wifi isolation

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,

Thanks for the feedback.

Please try the following:
    – Can you try to ping the IP address of your secondary machine from your primary machine and vice versa, just to check if both machines are reachable to each other.
    – Try to switch spacedek Server OFF -> ON via spacedesk Driver Console app, then check if viewer can discover now the primary machine.

password23
    Participant

It seems like I cannot ping my router or my other devices
    However, I have access to the internet and can ping google and cloudflare’s DNS

Attachments:
    password23
    Participant

The chromebook pings the router fine, however, it cannot ping the primary machine

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,

This confirms that something is blocking the connection between the connected devices..
    Do you have third party antivirus/firewall software in your chromebook?

password23
    Participant

Its not the chromebooks problem. The chromebook can ping everything fine (including the websites and the router)
    The primary machine cannot ping my router although it has access to the internet (it can ping googles and cloudflares dns, but not certain websites).

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,

Then something in your primary machine is blocking the outgoing and incoming connection from/to devices/computers connected on the same local area network.
    Internet connection is not relevant in this case, spacedesk operates on local area network and does not require internet connection.

Another thing you can quickly try, on your chromebook please try to connect via spacedesk HTML5 Viewer. Just open a web browser and go to http://viewer.spacedesk.net/ and connect to the IP address of your primary machine.

password23
    Participant

I’m not sure what to do now
    The html5 did not work either on my chromebook

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,
    Another thing to try to verify that the problem is the network connection over your router, is to connect over the Mobile Hotspot network.
    Just follow the steps below:
    – On your Windows 10 primary machine, open the Windows Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Hotspot, then switch it ON, select Share my internet connection from “WiFi”
    Take note of the Network name and password which you will connect from your Chromebook.
    – On your Chromebook, connect your WiFi to the Hotspot network name created by your Windows 10 primary machine.
    – Once the chromebook is connected to the hotspot network, check the spacedesk viewer if you can discover now the primary machine and try to connect.

password23
    Participant

The chromebook cannot connect to the primary machines hotspot an error comes up and says out of range (even though they are next to each other in real life)

password23
    Participant

I have fixed this problem.
    For anyone else wondering, it was a proxy that I forgot to turn off.
    This proxy would start every time I booted up the pc and was not shown on the task manager startup page nor was it shown with the icons on the taskbar.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @password23,
    Glad to hear that you fixed the problem by disabling the proxy in your machine.
    In case you encounter other issues related to spacedesk just let us know.
    We are always glad to receive user feedback.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘spacedesk driver adapter’ is closed to new replies.