Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Second screen freezes during actions

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rizzie
    Participant

Hello! I connected my laptop as a second monitor. As long as I don’t work on it, there are no problems. But as soon as I play the video or open the browser, within 1-10 minutes the screen freezes until the Viewer on the laptop restarts. I don’t get any errors, the screen just stops freezing, and I can still send apps to the second screen.

My PC:
    Windows 10 Corporate
    v. 22H2 19045.4894

SpaceDesk Driver Console v. 2.1.22

My laptop:
    Windows 11 PRO
    v. 22H2 22631.4169

SpaceDesk Viewer v. 0.0.34.0

1) Both devices have the latest Windows updates installed.

2) The latest video card drivers are installed on the PC.

3) Both devices do not have external antiviruses and the firewall is disabled

4) Rebooted and reinstalled SpaceDesk on both devices

I couldn’t find a way on the Internet or on the forum that would fix the problems.

spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hello @rizzie,

Which screen freezes after some time of use, the second screen or the primary monitor?
    Also, for further analysis of the issue, please send us the logs of your server machine by opening the spacedesk Driver console and clicking on Diagnostics then follow the steps below:

1. Download the DebugView.
    2. Check the Diagnostic Collection box.
    3. Reproduce the issue e.g. by connecting the spacedesk Viewer app.
    4. Uncheck the Diagnostic Collection box.
    5. Click “Save All Information” button (this might take a while to finish).
    6. Compress/Zip the folder which contains the logs, then attach to your next reply to this post.

If the file size exceeds 512 KB, you may upload it to Dropbox then include the download link on your next reply.

Thanks!

Rizzie
    Participant

This time it took much longer to reproduce the error, but it still appeared. Attached log file

Rizzie
    Participant
    spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hi @rizzie,

Some of the files that should be included in the log collection haven’t been included in the folder you sent. Could you repeat the steps provided in my earlier reply, making sure that before you compress the folder, a dialog box indicating that the logs have been saved pops up?

Thank you so much!

Rizzie
    Participant

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8gopjwr1gglc0nl5g5h07/logs.rar?rlkey=1fwj83094d6l7qvpmrvqyeg3a&st=3oqkphgs&dl=0

Now the screen is static even after reconnecting.

The second monitor freezes. Primary is ok

spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hello @rizzie,

Upon checking your diagnostics, there are no problems in your server machine. Just to clarify, on which device are you playing a video or opening a browser, on the server or the viewer? Does the viewer crash when the freeze happens or do you close then reopen it? Also, to further assist you on your issue, may we also ask for logs from your viewer device by following the steps below?

1. On your secondary machine where you run the spacedesk Viewer app, please download the DebugView app thru this link: https://download.sysinternals.com/files/DebugView.zip
    2. Right-click -> Extract the contents of the DebugView.zip, and run the Dbgview.exe as administrator.
    3. In the Capture tab, make sure to check the “Capture Win32”
    4. Run the spacedesk Viewer app and connect to your server machine and try to reproduce the issue.
    5. In the DebugView window, there should be spacedesk viewer traces starting with “SA [xxxx:xxxx]:SAxxxxx…..”

Please save the DebugView traces into a log file, and make sure to change the format to .txt file before attaching it to your reply. Thank you.

Rizzie
    Participant

Problems occur only with the second device (to which I connect to the primary machine)

The screen freezes only on the viewer. Primary screen does not freeze.

To fix the problem I definitely need to restart the viewer. If this is not done, when I reconnect I still see a static picture

Rizzie
    Participant
    Rizzie
    Participant
    spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hi @rizzie,

Thank you for providing your viewer device logs. From analyzing your logs, we saw that rendering is failing. May we ask also for the details from your DirectX Diagnostic tool by following these steps:
    1. Press Windows Key + R to open Run dialog box
    2. Type “dxdiag” in the dialog box then press Enter.
    3. On the DirectX Diagnostics Tool window, click on “Save All Information…”, then select a location where to save your DirectX info.
    4. After saving your DirectX info, please attach the file to your next reply or upload to Dropbox if file is larger than the 512 KB.

Also, can you check for us if you have the latest graphics drivers on your viewer device? Thank you!

Rizzie
    Participant

The latest graphics driver was installed only on the primary machine. Now updated on viewer. Ver. 561.09 (GeForce Game Ready)

Sent information about DirectX

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hi @rizzie,

Thank you for sending your DirectX info. Upon our investigation, the likely cause of the rendering failure encountered in your viewer device is your graphics driver. Can you try to also update your Intel UHD Graphics driver? Also, could you try using the HTML5 viewer on the same viewer machine? Thank you.

Rizzie
    Participant

The viewer machine has the latest Intel drivers installed.

The HTML5 viewer was not suitable for my purposes. This version causes screen tearing on high quality settings

spacedesk Renz
    Keymaster

Hi @rizzie,

Were you able to reproduce the issue with the HTML5 viewer? Thank you.

Rizzie
    Participant

I used this version much less than the Desktop version, but the same problem did not reoccur.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.