Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Raspberry Pi 4 as spacedesk viewer ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shodan
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried to use an RPi 4 as spacedesk viewer.

It “works” but it’s slower and lower quality than VNC, despite using a wired ethernet connection.

I used the browser and html5 viewer and I suspect this is why it failed.

Also my final setup will not have any kind of internet access so going to viewer.spacedesk.net would be impossible anyway.

Is there any way to use spacedesk on RPi4 satisfactorily ?

I have tried steamlink on the raspberry pi 4 for comparison. Image quality is flawless, latency is below 100ms.
    It works great but in my case I want to add new monitors, not just mirror my main display !

Thanks !

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @shodan,
    For RPi device, you can only use our spacedesk HTML5 Viewer page.
    HTML5 VIEWER is much slower than our native apps on Android/iOS/Windows.
    This is due to technical limitation of HTML5/Javascript.

You can also save the HTML5 Viewer page locally so you don’t have to go to viewer.spacedesk.net over the internet every time you want to connect.

shodan
    Participant

Thanks, unfortunately it doesn’t work

Well it does connect, spacedesk creates a new monitor and it shows on my raspberry pi.

But the performance is as slow and erratic as VNC. And the video quality is also terrible, extremely blurry even for static images and very variable.

I know the RPi can do this since steamlink and moonlight manage without problems and the response time is excellent (sub 100ms)

The RPi is the perfect Spacedesk viewer hardware, why is there no linux native spacedesk client ?

The world is done with windows after windows 11 !

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @shodan,
    Unfortunately, no plans for native spacedesk Viewer for Linux machine at the moment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.