Forum Forums spacedesk Discussions Pointer troubles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elfik
    Participant

Hi. I’m new to this app, so at first time I’ve connected it all i got troubles. After connecting my pointer appears on second screen (my phone screen). I can see it there, but whet I try to move it to first monitor (PC) with mouse, by moving it to the left, it appears not on the left side of the first screen, but on the left side of the second monitor instead, so pointer gets stuck on second screen. Please, help me!

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @elfik,

Could you please open the display settings window on your primary machine and check the position of your second display and if you are moving the mouse pointer in the right direction.

elfik
    Participant

Hi Lea,

The position of second screen is exactly on the right side of first one. Furthermore, when I change second’s screen position, and place it, for example, to the left side of my first screen, the problem just mirrors (when I move pointer to the right (from second to first screen), except entering first screen, it just jumps to the left side of second screen)

Hope it’s, at least, understandable. 🙂

Also, I have video of such problem, that I filmed on my phone (second screen). If you give me any way to send it, I will send it for you.

spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @elfik,
    Are you maybe using virtual machine as your primary machine?
    Yes, please also send the video, it will be very helpful for analyzing the issue. Thanks!

elfik
    Participant

Hi Lea,

Yes, I’m using virtual machine to test, how the app works and is it compatible to my needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    spacedesk Lea
    Keymaster

Hi @elfik,
    Thank you for sending the video, and for verifying that you are using a virtual machine as primary machine.
    spacedesk do not officially support virtual machines. You can install it there, but we cannot guarantee that it will work properly.

This is a known behavior of mouse pointer in virtual machines when there’s a second display connected.
    We are actually not sure if this is a spacedesk issue or a limitation in virtual machines.

elfik
    Participant

Hi Lea,

I have tried this app on my main machine and it works. I’m very thankful for your help!

Best regards!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Pointer troubles’ is closed to new replies.